Chapter 5

Kaname looked outside the window, ignoring the teacher explaining what 'x + 2 = 4' is. He didn't need to learn something he already knows.

It's been a month since it happened, a month of pure longing for her voice, and her smile. Even if it was fake.

He wanted to talk to her, and get to know her. But he also knew that she knows him, personally.

Again, he doesn't really have any proof of that. However, he does have one thing to fight back with.

Her eyes.

Her eyes are the only one of its kind. He's never seen a pair quite like hers. At first he thought she had contacts, but then he asked Ai one time during lunch break.

"Are her eyes naturally like that?"

Ai stopped humming and raised an eyebrow at the Kuran, her eyes squinting at him under her thick lashes. They were both in the library at the moment, with Neko in her dorm feeling sick.

"Who's eyes?", she replied as her eyes went back to the book, scanning its contents.

Kaname hesitated, "Akane"

Ai wanted to roll her eyes, and she almost did. "Yes, they are natural", she leaned against the bookshelf, flipping a page. "It's genetic, her grandparents were albino but for some reason, she turned out fine, just with red eyes"

Kaname hummed to himself, his eyes going back to his open book before pausing in curiosity, "... Ai, where are your parents?"

His question, he had noticed, had made her uncomfortable. She had tensed up so much he could see the long baby hairs on her head point up as if gravity didn't exist.

Her bands fell in her eyes, darkening them, "... they died"

Kaname felt a sadness deep in his heart, yet for some reason, it felt as if she was lying. "I'm sorry"

Ai lifted herself from her position and gave him a closed eyed smile, slamming the book shut, "It's okay! I'm over it now!"

Just in time, Ren walks into the library, her silver hair looking as if it was glowing. Ren stopped, feeling the tension, and raised her eyebrow, "Did I interrupt something?"

"No"

"Nope!"

Both Kaname and Ai replied at the same time, the Kuran being more calm while the brunette shook her head with a bright smile. This made Ren sweat drop, "Okaaay then"

Ai giggles, sounding false, "Kaname was just wondering about our parents"

Ren's eyes softened, "I see, our mother was quite the influence on us growing up"

"What about your father?", Kaname blurted out, before his eyes widened slightly, 'Why am I being so nosy today?'

It seemed as if Ren was thinking the same thing, because she narrowed her lavender eyes at him, "And why are you asking such personal, annoying questions?"

"Ren!", Ai hissed angrily at her younger sister, her eyes seemingly glowing before calming down. "That was uncalled for!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to inquire too much", Kaname murmured, his eyes looking down to his lap. "It's just... I've never heard you talk about your family, ever"

Ren and Ai look at each other, before they smiled softly at each other. Ren turns to Kaname with that same smile, having a much more friendly persona, "Did you want to hear more?"