Laylas Home

Ross

Me and Riker lay in our bed waiting for Layla to arrive home from school. I hear the front door open.

"Is that Layla?" I ask somewhat excited.

"I think so. Come on let's go." Riker says and gets up, I follow. "Stay behind me."

"Okay."

We walk down the stairs and into the kitchen where Layla is eating some grapes.

"How was school honey?" Riker asks.

"Good." Layla said eating her grapes. She doesn't notice me yet.

"What'd you learn today?"

"Nothing much."

"Wow that's nice. Pay more attention tomorrow." He says and eats a grape. He looks back at me with sad eyes.

"I'm gonna head out now." I say and walk all the way over to Riker.

"Dad I didn't know you were here!" Layla says so surprised.

"Yeah I'm leaving now."

"Why?"

"I'm tired." I lie.

"Oh. Sleep well tonight." She says and eats more fruit. I sigh.

"Bye riker." I say and walk to the front door.

"Ross wait!" He calls after me.

"Why can't you stay Ross?"

"She doesn't even care I'm here!" I say getting angry.

"Ross please just stay here. I love you!" He says tears pooling up in his eyes.

"I love you to Rik. But it doesn't feel right to stay here when Layla doesn't want me here. Just give her the best life you can and I'll see you. I'll come over when she's in school." I explain. My own heart braking.

"Ross please. We're suppose to be a family. Didn't mom raise us to be a family? We have a daughter that needs help and a baby son on the way you can't walk out on them. Our son isn't even born yet and our daughter just needs to be taught."

"She doesn't like me Riker!" I yell out in anger.

Tears fall out of my eyes. I can feel my knees buckling. I fall to the cold hard wood floor and sob into my hands. I hear loud footsteps and then tight arms around me.

"No daddy I love you." Layla sobs into my t-shirt. I feel her hot tears.

"N-n-o y-you d-d-d-on't." I sob not being able to control it.

"No daddy stop! Please! Don't say stuff that isn't true!" She says looking up into my eyes. "You're the best thing that had came into my life. Before you guys adopted me I was eiter suffering from abuse or depression. I'm not here. You're all I could have asked for. I love you daddy." She explains wiping my tears that fall.

"Then why d-don't you s-show me y-you l-love me?"

"I don't know daddy I really don't. But I'm gonna try to be good. I'm a shitty daughter I know but I really do love you."

"I love you so much Layla. Please please treat me like you actually love me. It breaks my heart." I whisper.

"I will daddy I will." She says and clings to me more. "Does this mean you're gonna stay here with us?"

"Yes." I say quietly with a small sky smile on my face.

"Yes!" She cheers and I smile more.

"I love you Layla. You're not a shitty daughter."

"I love you to daddy!" She says happy.

I kiss her cheek lightly and squeeze her one last time. I stand up pulling her along with me. I softly pick her up like a 5 year old. He arms wrapped around my neck and her resting on my hip. She kisses my cheek and I walk into the kitchen where Riker is.

"You both good now?"

"Yes." Layla says happy.

"Don't this mean you're gonna stay Ross?"

"Yes." I say with a wide smile on my face.

Riker comes over and I put my arm around him tightly the one that isn't holding Layla. We group hug for a minuet then pull away. Layla still in my arms.

"I love you guys." Riker says and kisses Layla on the forehead and me on the lips lightly.

"We love you to." Me and Layla say at the same time.

I think it's gonna work this time.

Heyyy!!!

QUESTION: what's your favorite country song? -at the moment

(You can comment and say how much you hate country music or you don't listen to it. I won't care to much! 😂)

ANSWER: this is so tough for me!

Dirt by my favorite group ever Florida Georgia Line or When A Guy Walks Into A Bar by Tyler Farr!!!

Comment!!!!!

15 comments for more!!