Part 6

You get up out of Michael's lap and look him in the eye, your hands nervously squeezing the Eevee plushie.
"What?" He asks, not seeming to comprehend what he just heard.
"I like you, Michael." I know you might not feel the same way, but I do. I just had to get it out. Sorry."
"Nononono I do! I totally like you back. I was just kind of surprised you said me!" Michael blurts.
"Oh. Really? Like for real? Like really really? Like you like me?" You stammer out.
"Yeah! Yup. For real. Like really really. Yeah, um, a lot. You're really funny, and cool, and sweet, and pretty, and um. We like the same things, and it's uh. Really hot when you beat our asses at Mario Kart. Oh god. Just tell me to stop talking please."
You both share an awkward but genuine laugh, and give each other a giddy smile.
"So...since you like me, is it ok if I do this?" Michael starts to lean in, giving you enough space to back out if you want to. But you don't. Because that would be stupid. You meet him midway, feeling the sensation of his soft, yet slightly chapped lips. It's weird at first, since you're both getting used to it, but he leans in a little more and gently maneuvers your hands to the back of his neck. The kiss gets a little more heated, and you can feel yourself succumbing to the warmth and the comfort emanating from him.
"...What the fuck?"
The two of you quickly pull apart at the sound of Jeremy's shocked voice.
"Ohhhhh man. About fucking time! So, are you guys dating now? When's the wedding? Also please don't make out at one of our sleepovers ever again. That's weird."
Michael chuckles and turns to you.
"You wanna date?"
"Love to."
"Rad."
"Rad is right." Jeremy says, as he saves the recording he just took of the whole scene to his camera roll.

(Head to Part 11)