Chapter 4

Peter unpacked the last of his things, sitting down on his new bed in the safe house in Beacon Hills

Peter unpacked the last of his things, sitting down on his new bed in the safe house in Beacon Hills. He didn't want to be here and he made that fact clear as day to the agents stationed at the front door. Running his fingers through his chocolate brown locks he sighed, he missed the busy streets of New York, the noisy honks and screeches of cars and incoherent shouting from the rowdy public just outside his window. He missed his home.

Checking the time on his phone, he decided he might as well look around the town he'll be staying in for the next month. They hadn't even told him what he's investigating yet, the least he could do was familiarise himself with his surroundings.

Giving a small salute to the raven haired agent, he skipped out the front door, shoving his hands in his pockets as he walked down the sidewalk. A cold wind blew up his back as the teenager zipped up his navy hoodie in an attempt to remain warm.

Walking along, Peter froze. The hairs on the back of his neck stood on end as he heard low growls coming from the next alley. The teen sprang into action, pulling his hood over his head as he lent his body against the cold brick wall, listening into the animal around the corner.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Peter furrowed his brows as a male voice filled his ears, it sounded young but in their teens, the voice filled with urgency and something else the boy couldn't place.

"I can't keep control anymore." Another male voice came from the alley, this one a similar age but filled with fear. "I don't know what's happening, it's like I've lost my anchor or something?" Anchor? Peter thought, what the hell were these dudes talking about?

"Scott," the second voice spoke again, his voice sounding deeper and more animalistic. "It's happening again I can feel the shift." Peter raised his eyebrows as growling seemed to be coming from the second guy. What's happening?

"Shit Isaac your eyes!" The first voice, whisper shouted in fear. "Control yourself, control your shift." Peter slowly looked around the corner, curiosity getting the best of him. His gaze landed on two boys, teenagers, one with tanned skin and dark brown hair, and the other pale with curly mousey brown locks.

"I can't!" The curly haired boy hissed, his back to Peter as he shouted at the tanned teen. The other boy placed a hand on each of the curly haired boy's shoulders, in an attempt to calm him down.

"You have to Isaac." He stated, his voice filled with a command that seemed to have an effect on the second boy, as if he held some sort of power over him. Suddenly Peter's foot slipped, causing the teen to stumble into view of the two boys. Peter's eyes widened in shock.

"Shit." He whispered as both boys turned to look at him in surprise. Peter's heart nearly stopped as the curly haired boy met his gaze, his eyes met with glowing golden orbs and razor sharp fangs that protruded from his gums. His body paralysed with terror at the monster before him, having never encountered something like this before.