Chapter 15

"What the fuck did I just do?" Stiles ran his panicked hands through his messy hair as he paced back and forth through the forest clearing

"What the fuck did I just do?" Stiles ran his panicked hands through his messy hair as he paced back and forth through the forest clearing. "What the fuck did I just do Sierra?!" He shouted at the girl who was sitting by a trunk of a nearby tree, playing loosely with a twig in her fingers.

"What your instincts told you to." She replied softly, looking up from her twig to meet his watery whisky eyes. Giving him a soft smile, she patted the spot next to her, which Stiles quickly sat in, leaning against her shoulder.

"But I hurt them." The teen whispered, defeated. "They're gonna come after me now, I know they will. They think I'm a monster." Stiles wiped a fallen tear from his cheek, wringing his fingers in an anxious manner.

"We become to them only what they fear." Sierra muttered, looking upwards at the patterns the sunlight created from the gaps of the branches of the trees. "We are no more dangerous than them. If they decided to end the world, they could do it in under an hour. They hold more power than any of us, and yet they call us evil and monsters for having power as well?"

Sierra shook her head bitterly, breaking the twig between her fingers. "They are afraid of what they do not know. Who gave them the right to decide who is good and who is evil? They do not know our intentions. Who are they to say that it is us that will end the world? Because it was written in some old book long ago? It's bullshit." She spat, as Stiles looked up to her with wide eyes.

"So what do we do now?" He asked, looking out to the clearing around them. He hadn't had time to think of where to go, so they had found the nearest most remote location they could. "What about War and Conquest? What do we do about them?" He asked innocently as Sierra's face darkened.

"I do not know of their intentions, but Stiles." She looked down at the teen with a solemn gaze. "You currently have very little control of your powers, something that can backfire on us very badly in the long run. If they decide to turn against us we are going to need all the power we have." Sierra stood up, walking to the centre of the clearing.

"What can I do?" He asked, mirroring her as he stood up as well. Sierra looked down at her hands in sadness.

"I'm not proud of what I did. But I did it for my people, to save them from the cartel that was killing so many. I have control over my powers, Stiles. And I want to teach you how I did it." Sierra finished, looking to the ground in shame. Stiles walked up to her and lifted up her chin with his spare hand, so that they were looking eye to eye.

"I understand why you did it. And I can't go back there, I know that now." He smiled sadly. "Teach me, Sierra. Teach me how to control it."