(06) A Light Beckons Through The Darkness

A/N: Yay~! Here's a new chappie! x) As always, thanks for all of the support, and I will continue to dedicate those that have helped inspire me here in the KnB community. =) Hope you enjoy~!

[DISCLAIMER] Fujimaki-sensei owns the wonderful series of Kuroko no Basket. (Why did you end it D'=)

~Found and edited the pic of Kise to the side there. =) Aaaand a KnB AMV 'cause yaaay~!

. * .              

                    (06) A Light Beckons Through The Darkness

It was Sunday, and I decided to go out onto the town (since it was a sunny and cheerful day) while Tetsuya cleaned up his room and other places in the house. He decided to spare me the cleaning so I could go out and explore a little. Plus, I could be with the small and cute puppy that reminded me so much of Tet-chun. It was a rather big win for me.

I started walking through town, heading toward the busier side of Tokyo where all of the shops were located. I wasn't really looking to shop, just mentally take note of where everything is for future shopping trips.

"Beautiful weather, isn't it, Nigou?" I asked quietly to the sole companion who was aware of my presence. I received a happy bark in reply, and smiled up at the sunny weather. There were people everywhere as we walked on the street, and fortunately they saw the dog at least to know not to step on him.

When I saw a food stand, I decided to stop by to get some lunch. I paid for beef jerky, a hotdog, and a water bottle. After finding a non-populated bench, I sat and pulled Nigou closer to me. I fed the beef jerky sticks to him and started eating the hotdog. There were people standing around talking and I could see a large fountain in the middle of a plaza from where I sat. It was a nice, bustling area.

As soon as I drunk my share of water, I started pouring some for Nigou to drink. He lapped it up happily and I smiled at the husky. My eyes narrowed when I noticed some of the straps were twisted in his harness. I knelt down to his level and took a closer look, they looked like they would be uncomfortable. I unchained the leash from his harness and held onto the puppy as I tried to figure out the way the straps were twisted. Once I found the right pattern, it was easy to untwist the knots.

"There, that should be more comfortable on you now." I told him, and the pup licked at my smile and I giggled a bit. Animals were such soft and innocent creatures...

A sudden yell from somewhere nearby made Nigou jump away from me unexpectedly and take off running into the crowd. "Nigou!" I shouted, almost cursing under my breath. I quickly gathered the leash and trash from the food and started running to where the little one took off to.

I started looking around as I panted, where did he run off to? My heart was steadily picking up speed. "Excuse me, have you seen a small husky run through here?" I started asking around but no one seemed to hear me, they didn't even realize I was there... "Please, sir!" I tried grasping a man's sleeve, only for him to brush me off as if I were an annoying pest. No...

"Please, someone help me. I don't want to be alone like this... Father? Mother? Tet-chun? Is there anyone there?"

I scrunched my eyes together. No, I can't think of that memory now. Just lock it up, Setsuko. Far far away in your mind.

Never to be found again.

I bit my lip harshly. No one will ever notice you.

"Huh? Setsukocchi!"

My body jerked sharply at the sound of that voice... A voice that seemed to pierce the shadows in my mind. My head turned to the sound and my eyes grew wide at seeing the smiling face of Kise Ryouta, waving cheerfully as he walked toward me. Why is it you?