Ten Percent Chance

Sunset's P. O. V.

I'm ecstatic to find out that I'm pregnant with a girl. I'm sure my baby will be a beautiful girl. Plus Hope will have so many wonderful aunts and uncles to look up to. Maybe Princess Celestia could be a grandmother figure to my Hope. The only downside is that Solar can't be there to hold his baby girl. There's another thing that's been on my mind lately. It's about a magazine I read. Rarity's been giving me magazines to prepare for motherhood. One article that's been making me think is an article regarding childbirth. I've read that there's a 10% chance pregnant women will die from childbirth. It's a low chance, yes. But it's still likely to happen. Part of me doesn't want to die. I do want to live, I want to live and raise my baby, watch her take her first steps and say her first words. But the other part of me wants to be with Solar.

Anyway, it's another Sunday, and Garrett took me to visit Solar's grave. "Hey Honey," I said, speaking to Solar's gravestone, "how are things in Heaven? I found out what our baby's going to be. It's a girl. We all saw an ultrasound image of what she looks like. She's beautiful. I'm going to name her Hope. I can't think of a good middle name for her though. Celestia doesn't sound like a catchy middle name that would pair well with the name Hope. I was thinking of Rebecca, Tara, Twilight, or maybe Luna. I'll let you know. I miss you Solar... I wish you could be here to meet Hope. I know she'd love you, and you'd make a wonderful father. Goodbye, my love..."

Garrett then quietly rolled my wheelchair out of the grave. "It's just my opinion," said Garrett, "but I think Luna would be a beautiful middle name for Hope. Hope Luna Comet. It's got a nice ring to it." I smiled and asked, "You really think so?" Garrett nodded and did his best impression of Big Mac, saying, "Eeyup." That made me laugh. As Garrett rolled my wheelchair back to Applejack's farm, I knew I had to tell Garrett what I was thinking. I said, "Garrett, there's something important I want to tell you. It's kind of also an important favor."

"What is it?" Garrett asked as he looked at me. "I read that there's a 10% chance I could potentially die while giving birth..." I said, feeling afraid. Garrett held my hand and said, "But those are low statistics... you're not going to die, Sunset." I could sense some fear in his voice. I understand why he's afraid. "I know," I said, "but I potentially could die. So I want you to do something for me if I die when giving birth to Hope." Garrett breathed in and said, "Anything."

I looked at him dead in the eyes and said, "Please, take care of Hope. I know you and Twilight will be able to raise her properly. You would make an excellent father Garrett. Please promise me you'll do this for me if it should happen." Garrett teared up and said, "I swear to Celestia, I will. It's a 100% guarantee promise." I smiled and said, "can you do a Pinkie Pie promise?" Garrett chuckled and said, "Cross my heart and hope to fly, I'll put a cupcake in my eye." I wiped Garrett's tears and said, "That's the spirit. Cheer up. I'm here now. I love you Garrett." He smiled and said, "I love you too, Sis."