Homecoming

Third Person View

Pinkie invited Twilight and Garrett over for a sleepover with her friends for the night. She figured it would lift their spirits. During the night, Twilight and the girls slept. Spike slept next to Rarity. Garrett on the other hand, couldn't sleep. He quietly sat there, and held the sleeping Hope. He listened to her breathing. It was steady and normal. He noticed she had a small lock of hair that was a fiery red and orange.

"Oh man," thought Garrett, "I pray that I can raise this little one right. I want to be a good father. I promise you Hope... I'll protect you and keep you safe, always..." Then he fell asleep, holding Hope in his arms. The next morning, everyone was outside the portal to Equestria. "Thank you all so much for your hospitality," said Garrett. Twilight hugged all of them and said, "Try not to think of this as goodbye forever. Think of this as until we meet again." Garrett gave the magical journal to Applejack and said, "There are a few pages left. If you ever want to write to us, you're more than welcome to."

"Thanks Sugarcube," said Applejack, "you were a real good farmer. You'll always be like family ta us." Garrett smiled and hugged AJ. AJ smiled and kissed Hope on the forehead. "Well, goodbye everyone," said Garrett as he picked up Hope. Twilight carried the urn, and she, Spike, and Garrett; carrying Hope, all jumped into the portal. A few minutes later, they were out of the portal, and inside the library of Twilight's castle. Twilight was back in her Alicorn form, Spike was back in his dragon form, Garrett was back in his unicorn form, and Hope, she was now a unicorn filly. Hope looked around and giggled. "Hope Luna Comet," said Garrett, "welcome to your new home." He picked her up and let her lay on his back. "Aww, you're as adorable as Flurry Heart!" said Twilight. Hope giggled and clapped her hooves.

Suddenly, Princess Luna walked in and said, "Princess Twilight, Garrett, Spike, welcome back. Celestia would wish to speak to all of you." Spike nodded and said, "Right away, Princess." They all then went to meet up with Princess Celestia. "It is good to see all of you," said Celestia, "and Garrett, I wish to express my condolences to you. I am sorry about your sister's death. Sunset was like a daughter to me. Her death is devastating and tragic." 

"I appreciate your kindness princess," said Garrett, "I cremated Sunset yesterday, and have her ashes with us. With your permission, may I bury my sister's ashes in your garden?" Celestia smiled and said, "Of course you have my permission, young Garrett. You and Hope are always welcome to visit Canterlot Castle and visit the garden." She walked up to Hope and kissed her forehead, causing the filly to giggle. She just loved the attention. Sunset's ashes were then buried in Celestia's garden near a tree she liked.