Chapter Eighteen.

© All rights reserved.  LittleThingsInLife

We stare at each other for a long moment; I can see he's internally trying to push what just happened out of his mind to calm down completely and I want to give him the time to do so.

I smile weakly at him, and am pleased when he returns it.

"So, you came," I start lamely, "I - I was look, looking for you before." My face heats at my confession and his grin widens.

"Yeah I got here like ten minutes ago... I was looking for you too. Good job I did huh," his eyes flashed before he schooled his anger again. "Only been here once or twice before, but I'm pretty sure there's a balcony in that room up ahead, want to get some fresh air?"

I agree without question.

Walking behind him I wonder why I would willingly go into a bedroom with this guy? Why didn't he scare me like the others, he could just as easily be fooling me into a false sense of security before he attacks, but somehow I knew he was genuine... and I enjoyed spending time with him.

True to his word there was a balcony and as he slid the glass door open I marvelled at the view; beautiful lights from the city shined far and wide, it showed a calmer but still lived in city we couldn't appreciate from the ground.

The other beautiful view I was able to now appreciate was standing slightly in front of me; his leather jacket covered his white T-shirt but I already knew how nice his inked arms were (although a reminder wouldn't hurt) he leaned his arms on the railing and his butt pushed out a little, my gaze unintentionally dropped.
Pulling my eyes upwards before I was caught I moved to the side of him and mirrored his pose.

"So what's the deal with Martin?" Cameron asked bluntly, glancing down at me, his dark gray eyes were tight again and it seemed he couldn't get past what had just happened, even though technically nothing had happened. His lips were pulled down again and I stared at his lip ring while I spoke.

"Nothing. I - I don't know what he's doing. He spoke to me at the start of th-the week and just now. That's all. He som-sometimes looks over at me but he - he doesn't speak to me."

"He's such a pric-," huffing out a breath he tries again "He thinks because he has money he can get what he wants, I think I might have to have a proper chat with him alone sometime." His eyes focus out into the distance and I wonder if he's imagining what he could do to him without any witnesses.

I recall the conversation Kim and Anna had with me on my first day when they warned me away from Cameron.

"Did you come here with your friends?" I ask to distract him from his potentially murderess thoughts. I had seen Cameron throughout the school with a small group of friends; all looking tough and unapproachable - I guess how Cameron looked to most people.

"No, just me tonight. We usually only go to things like this when we're really bored. They've got better things to do."

"So..." I scrunch my eyes "why aren't you with them?"

He smirks down at my confusion "I told you, I wasn't missing an opportunity to see Nerdy at a party," his eyes trail slowly over my face and outfit, not in the creepy way Martin had done, and my body heated slightly at his appraisal "You sure don't look like a nerd right now."

"Kim an-and Anna pic-picked it out." I stumble over my words.

"I'll have to thank them later." He gruffly chuckles at my red face. "Shall we-."

"Alex?! You up here?" I can hear Jamie calling my name from the hallway and quickly move away from Cameron and back into the bedroom. I can feel him shadowing me as we walk to the door.