Chapter Twenty Eight.

© All rights reserved.  LittleThingsInLife

Chapter Twenty Eight.

I spent most of Sunday outside with the Spencer's, Matt and Ollie had come round as well, and I was watching Matt in all in ginormous glory pick Carla up and launch them both into the lake, when she surfaced she tried to look menacing as she stalked him through the water and tried to dunk his head under, it was futile though, he was just so much bigger than her.

It surprised me how easily they got on and how much he teased her when he usually had such a brooding look on his dark face.

When Carla came to sit next to me and resume her sunbathing I had to ask. "How long have you known Matt and Ollie?"

I looked over at the other none Spencer who was helping Jamie and Karl start the barbecue.

"Seems like forever, they've been around ever since we moved here and it's weird if they're not here at least once during the week. Summers the worst, they practically move in." She moaned, but I saw her grin and knew she loved having them around.

"Can I tell you something I've never told anyone, not even mom?" She scooted closer to me and looked around her to make sure no one was in listening range.

"I've had like, the biggest crush on Matt forever and I know he only sees me like a sister and I am almost 5 years younger than him but I can't help it. He looks so tough but have you seen his dimples and his body." She fanned herself jokingly that I couldn't help laughing along with her.

"He's a super cutie as well, he's always making sure I'm okay, and he's really funny, but I know it's just a stupid crush that isn't going anywhere."

From what I'd seen it did seem to look like he was teasing her in a brotherly way, but what did I actually know about real affection.

"I'm just hoping when I get older he'll realise I'm the love of his life and marry me." She said, still looking over at him, he was now jumping in the lake with Lucas and Nathan.

"Well, you're gorgeous, smart and funny so I can't see what he wouldn't be able to see in you. Just wait until your older... much older before you start going out with boys." I praised and warned her at the same time.

She nudged me with her shoulder in thanks before jumping back up and going to play with Ben and Taylor in their own kiddie pool.

I watched her in her bikini and then looked over at Sandra, wearing denim shorts over the top of her bathing suit. They looked so comfortable wearing so little and I felt envy that they were also not sweating away like me; I had jeans on and a long sleeved round neck top.

Sandra had asked if I wanted to borrow anything from her as I was much bigger in the chest and hips area to fit in anything Carla owned, but I declined. She had actually purchased me plenty of clothes and I was sure bathing suits were hidden in my wardrobe somewhere.

As the sun rose up and got hotter during the day I contemplated putting shorts on and leaving the T-shirt. It was mostly my back I didn't want anyone to see, sure I'd prefer to be covered up completely and not show my body but did I want to melt in the process.

My legs were sticking to my jeans and that's when I finally decided to go upstairs and change. I chose some flowery shorts that came mid thigh and plucked up the courage to change my top into a short sleeved white v neck that I tucked into my shorts.

Feeling much cooler I came back outside and decided to sit at the table where everyone seemed to be piling their plates high.

I sat next to Aiden and Ollie, listening to Ollie talk about some soccer game I caught Aiden filling up a second plate, but before I could call him out on being a pig he placed it in front of me.