Chapter-3

It smelled like a rotting corpse. Granted it was a rotting corpse. It was a woman. Her hands were tied on a stake in a praying position like when you ask God to forgive you for your sins. But this lady was probably too late. My eyes could not believe what I was seeing. They were filled with so much tears and fear I could barely see her. And the fact that it was so dark. I saw scratches and burns and bruises. And around her neck, was rope.

"You see that don't you?" He asked. He jerked my head towards him and made me look him in his eyes. All I saw in his eyes was pure hate, homicide, and just plain awfulness. "Let me show you." He said, then jerked my head back over to the woman and lifted the rope from her neck. There was red bruise marks all around her neck. 'He strangled her...' I started muffled screaming and kicking him but all he did was laugh and lifted me up by my throat and looked into my eyes and said, "You can scream all you want, but real life; the real world, can get you in a lot of trouble. Go ahead, SCREAM! You'll never be able to escape me. And guess what; you're going to end up just like this woman. Enjoy it while it lasts." And with that, he threw a grim smirk on his face and threw me down on the ground while laughing hysterically and dragged me toward his barn in the woods. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

"AHHHHHHHHHH!" I jerked up out of bed with tears rolling down my cheeks. 'I thought I had gotten over that,' I thought to myself. I was still crying. 'Shhhh Alena! Your mom is downstairs and could hear you crying. Stops being a baby and get over it.' "Ugh. Time for wonderful, fantastic, absolutely amazing school." I said with sarcasm and got out of bed and put on my clothes. 'Plain jeans and a read T-shirt will do.' I grabbed my purse and was about to go downstairs when I saw my diary on my desk and a grey hoodie on the chair. I grabbed the hoodie and put it on. I pulled the hood over my head and grabbed my diary and put it in my purse, then headed out the door.