Chapter-8

I always walk home from school. Never bus, never car. Always walk. I very really talked to anybody except Trayvon, or my mom, even Brittany that much until now. I was walking down my street when I heard a voice call out, "Alena!" It was the little girl, Emma; she's about 7; across from my house that I sometimes babysit for her mom. She runs over to me with open arms and I pick her up and swirl her around. She starts giggling and says, "Alena! Are you babysitting me today?!" "Probably not today, Emma." I respond, feeling very tired and groggy.

Then her mom comes outside and yells, "Emma! Come inside now!" "Well, that's my mommy. Gotta go!" Then she jumped down and ran into her house. I continued to walk to my house. I stopped right before it, and looked up at my one story house. 'Home sweet home.' I walked in the house and saw my mom sitting on the couch. I hurriedly pulled my hood off my head. " Hi mom." I said like nothing happened at school today. She then turned around, very slowly, and stared into my eyes.

'Oh shi........takimushrooms.' It was a stare off. I stared into her eyes. My eyes started to get watery and burning like crazy. She didn't blink, not even once!! And her eyes were just fine. I got to the breaking point where I couldn't do it anymore. I was literally crying. I shut my eyes close as quick as I could and held them there.

"Ha!! You blinked! Now tell me what happened at school today."

"Nothing," I replied.

"Oh really? Then why did I get a call from the principal saying that you fought someone in the cafeteria and have a full week of detention?!"

'Oh crap! We've been hacked!' "Ummmm,"

"It's alright. All I want to know is did she put her hand on you first, or did you?"

"She did," I whispered, trying not to sound too loud.

"OOOOOOOOHHHHHH, GIRL! If you hadn't have hurt her if she put her hands on you first, THEN you would've gotten in trouble by me. OOOOHHHHHH; why's she do to you baby?"

"She slapped me. In the face." I muttered.

"Oh not. Honey, are you ok? These little girls will try to do anything to get a ride outta you. You're better than her, whoever she is. Ok?"

"Yes ma'am." I responded, feeling a bit better that I told my mother about Brittany, but I didn't want to tell her who it was. My mother knows Brittany and has seen her before. I didn't want her to worry anymore than she already has.