Chapter-4

I walked down the hallway of school with the hood on my head. I passed by kids that saw me and they rolled their eyes. I heard another kid whisper, "Ugh. It's that nasty ass girl. Have your heard she eats erasers and pencil shavings?" I've learned to live with it, but I can't help but cry when I heard that. I reached my locker, got all of my books out and slammed it shut. But when I turned around, there she was. Brittany. The school's so called 'Beyonce.' "Hello, Alena. Or should I call you a Piaso?"

"What does that mean?" I asked, not sure I wanted to find out.

"Oh don't worry, it just means.....CLOWN!" She laughed out loud like it was the funniest thing in the world. Her whole posse stared laughing along behind her. "Oh don't worry Piaso, you'll still be a filthy whore! Go join the circus. Ciao!" She bellowed as she pushes me hard into the lockers. I got back but then the posse stared pushing me back into the lockers. 'They're sick followers,' I thought. 'I hate them.' Mom told me not to use that word because it is so strong, but it's exactly what I mean when I said it, I HATE them! I try to get up but my knees are a little weak. I look across the hallway and there is the school's 'bad boy,' Trayvon. He was looking in my direction, and had some sort of sadness in his eyes. Empathy maybe? Nah. He probably just has the sun in his eyes. I turn away and start walking to my class.