7. Going All The Way

[VOTE and Comment if you just realized that the chapter titles are moving in alphabetical order.]

Chapter 7 – Going All The Way

I'll be Waiting – Adele

Ethan's POV

Present Day

I was so gay.

Or at least gay enough to feel something in that kiss. Spencer hadn't spoken since then and avoided my eyes like the plague.

That brought back those same feelings of rejection that Halloween night when we kissed. He wouldn't look at me in the eyes for that entire week.

"You know," I murmured, trying to break the awkward tension, "You deserved an Oscar for that performance Last Halloween."

Spencer smirked and finally met my eyes, "It wasn't that hard tricking you into believing that we were legitimately in any danger."

I smiled and nudged him lightly, "I still don't understand how you guys did it." 

"Well, Josh wanted to prank you and after your April Fool's joke with the lobster I was all for it. We got Jake to follow us in the car out to Old Pine, Russo locked the door after we went in and I faked the pot thing and the screaming woman. Karla provided the vocals and Abby was the figure in the door." He chuckled, "The hole in the ground thing didn't go as planned though. You were supposed to fall in onto the bed below but I didn't expect me to fall through as well. Then Josh would burst into the room and make you shit your pants."

I snorted, "Instead he and the others broke in and saw us getting our grove on."

Spencer rolled his eyes, "Maybe he wouldn't have if you would've just let go."

"As if you wanted me to." I smirked and wiggled my eyebrows.

He scoffed, "What did I tell you about flattering yourself?"

"It's not ego if it's true, bro."

Spencer was resisting the urge to smile but his lips betrayed him. He placed his face into his hands as if he was rubbing it but I knew it was to hide a smile. Maybe even some blush but unlikely.

"So, where are we now?"

Spencer removed his hands from his face and shook his head, "I really don't know."

I didn't know either but God knows I didn't want to stay confused, "Why don't we...try." Hell, I was all for it and this may just be the impulsive side of me speaking but, I thought it might even be little fun.

"What do you mean by 'try'?"

I shrugged, "Let's date."

He scoffed but it sounded more like a light chuckle. His eyes were filled with amusement, as if he wasn't taking this seriously. He started laughing lightly, "You can't be serious, Ethan."

My eye searched the room a little before landing back on him, "I am."

Spencer sighed and readjusted himself in front of me, "E, you're being stupid and impulsive again."

"What are you so damn afraid of?" I whispered. I always tolerated Spencer's pessimistic attitude because I loved the kid  but it was starting to get on my nerves now.  "Let's just date for a week and see where it leads."

"This isn't normal Ethan."

I rolled my eyes, "Spencer, we kiss, we hug, we hold hands. We're way passed being normal."