9. I Will Let You Go

[Vote and Comment if you really just really like these two.]

Chapter 9 – I Will Let You Go

The Book of Love – Peter Gabriel

Spencer's POV

"Spencer."

I kept my head buried in the History book. "Not now, mom."

Mom huffed. "You don't want any dinner?"

"Maybe next time, mom. Now, please, can I get back to studying?"

There was a silence but I still got the feeling someone was behind me.

"Is that anyway to talk to your mom?"

It took me a moment to register the voice but when it sank in, my lips quivered and curved into a smile.

I spun around and launched out of the chair, shamelessly ran over to him and jumped into his arms.

"Woah, little bro," He chuckled as he stumbled back with me in his arms. His back knocked the edge of the door's frame and I jumped down.

"What are you doing here, Kai?"

He smiled, "Came to see you, Spence."

I cocked my head. I wasn't stupid, "Say that again, and maybe the truth this time?"

He smirked and put his hands into his pocket, walking forward, causing me to walk back to the bed. "I've kind of been suspended for a week."

I rolled my eyes, hardly surprised that he did. The most of Kai's high school years were spent in his room on weekdays after being sent home for smoking something. "What was it this time?"

He smiled sheepishly, and kicked his right foot a little, "Ecstasy in the nurse's office."

I sighed with shallow disappointment and shook my head, "Does mom and dad know?"

He shook his head, "They just think that we have a week off before finals."

I shook my head again, "You are really something, Kai." He looked down and smiled, ruffling my hair with his hands and moving to my dresser, rustling through my things.

"So, what's been going on with you?"

What hasn't been going on with me? I bit my lip. I wanted to say nothing but me and Kai never lied to one another. "I'm sort of, kind of, in a relationship...I think."

Kai span a round with playfully surprised eyes, "You're in a relationship?" he came over and sat next to me on the bed, "With who?"

I shrugged, "It depends on who you ask."

He raised an eyebrow but seemed to catch the message, "So if I asked mom and dad they'd say..."

"Karla."

Kai snorted, "Karla has been one of your best friends since middle school, Mom and Dad would never fall for that."

It stayed quiet and Kai caught that message as well. He sighed and placed a brotherly hand on my shoulder, "So I'm guessing Mom and Dad still aren't the best of parents."

"We're no Brady Bunch I can tell you that." I answered with a scent of sarcasm piping off of the words.

"Hey, I know better than anyone how out of touch mom and dad can be. I mean, if they had paid as much attention to me as they did their jobs, maybe I wouldn't have gotten into smoking weed." His eyes narrowed, "You're not..."

I blinked once, then another time before I caught it, "No." I answered quickly, "God, no. I don't do," I snickered, "drugs."

He nodded stiffly, "Good." He face lit up again. "So who's the lucky gal?"