Chapter 10: Home Visit

Jesse woke up to the sun spilling through the windows. He opened his eyes and jumped backwards, hitting the wall. Faith was sleeping next to him basically the whole night and he never noticed.

Faith stirred for a bit and woke up from Jesse's sudden movement. "Faith! When did you get here?" Jesse asked.
Faith yawned, "around two hours after you left the 'bliss'."

Faith stretched her arms and legs, "well anyway, good morning," she cheered as she got out of the bed.

Jesse still felt like he had a bit of a headache, "Good morning," he grumbled before taking some pain relief.
Faith started humming and skipping around the house.
"You seem happy," Jesse told her.
She giggled and walked towards Jesse, "of course I am, Im excited to meet your friend!"

"Thats not until four," Jesse reminded her.
"Yeah I know, aren't I allowed to hang out with you anymore?" She smiled.
Jesse sighed, he was tired, and Faith's energy and eagerness wasn't helping.
Faith noticed that he was still tired, and so she pushed him over, onto the bed.
Jesse just looked at Faith blankly, "why?"

"Because you look tired," she smiled at him.
Jesse just yawned and blinked a couple times.
"What time is it?" He asked.
Faith grew a devious smirk, "its 2pm, thats why I laid next to you, I was going to wake you up, but I don't know... the bed looked so comfortable with you in it."

Jesse cursed under his breath, "that only gives me two hours before Jess gets here!"
Jesse stood up from the bed, suddenly full of energy, "Im going for a shower," he told Faith quickly before retreating to the cabins small bathroom.

---20 minutes later---

After Jesse washed up, got dressed and got all spiffy, he went into the main room of the cabin.
Faith was sitting on the couch, she didn't look nervous at all. She looked back at Jesse, "woah! Why did you dress so fancy? Its only a meeting between Jess and I, not you," Faith joked.

"A coat isnt fancy," Jesse told her.
"Jeez, it was just a joke," she sighed.
Jesse sat down on the couch next to Faith.
"Do you want to have a quick shower?" Jesse asked her.
"Yeah sure, just don't come in!" She warned.
Jesse sighed and shook his head, "I wasn't going to..."
Faith just giggled and walked into the bathroom.
While Faith was in the shower, Jesse decided to talk to Jess on the radio.
"Hey Jess, you still gonna be here at 4?" He asked
The radio crackled and he heard Jess's voice, "yeah, yeah I will be there."

---Another 20 minutes later---

Once Faith was finished in the bathroom, Jesse just sat down on the couch and watched TV for the next two hours.

Finally after two hours, there was a single, loud knock on the wooden door. Jesse stood up and opened the door with Faith standing just behind him.
"Good afternoon Jess," Jesse greeted.
"Jeez, why are you being so formal?"
She asked.
Jesse saw that Jess was occasionally looking back at Faith.

Faith was the first one to break the tension, "Hello Jess, it is lovely to meet you!" She smiled.
Jess was silent for a second before she finally gave in, "Nice to meet you too," she said non-convincingly.

After a bit more awkward silence, Jess steped foward, "well. There is no need to be awkward, we are here to talk so, lets talk," she told Faith with an actual smile.

Jesse sat back and let the two girls talk, for the first couple minutes it looked slow and awkward, but eventually both Faith and Jess got into the conversation and seemed to be liking each others company.
Before they knew it, it was 6pm.
Jesse walked over to them, "its getting pretty late, you should probably get going soon," Jesse told Jess.

"Yeah, I was thinking about calling it a day and leaving. Thanks for letting me do this Jesse," Jess replied.
She looked at Faith and smiled, "it was nice getting to know you in a less hostile environment," she said before getting up and walking towards the door.
"Goodbye Jess," Faith waved.
Jesse heard the quad bike take off and he turned to Faith, "how was that?" He asked her.

"It was fun, she seems really nice when she opens up," Faith smiled as she wrapped her arms around him.
Jesse hugged her back, "why does she think im acting formal," he sighed.
Faith just giggled and kissed Jesse's forehead, "see ya, babe," she flirted before walking to the door.
"Where are you going," Jesse shouted out to her.
"I still have to work, I will be over tonight," she giggled before closing the door, leaving Jesse alone.

Jesse sighed and walked into the bathroom, looking in the mirror, "oh god, I do look formal..." he sighed.

A/N: The most recent chapters have been around 2 days apart and I apologise but it might stay like that for a while, because I am currently very busy with life and school, thanks for reading nontheless. Thanks for reading!