You're Finally Home

Alex and J'onn's eyes met. He put up his hand, showing his light chocolate palm, and turned back. He was saying, it's okay.

Everyone seemed puzzled. Confused. Panicky. And for once Alex sensed that she is not the only one yearning for answers. They all knew that the tables have turned, as if they already haven't been twisted enough.

Alex's feet are still planted in place. Her eyes are glued on the newly arrived fugitive. She wills herself to move, begging her mind to release her, but she is still so...stuck. It has only been a couple of seconds since she had bolted in, but it felt like hours.

Her toe twitches and slowly lifts her foot off of the ground and takes a step. A step turns into a walk, a walk turns into a jog, and a jog turns into a run.

She blurts out questions, her gaze still stuck, but none of them can be answered.

"Did something happen? Why the hell is she here?"

"We rescued her from the Cadmus base..." Hank replies flatly.

"What do you mean 'we rescued her'? She is supposed to be in cell 19! She's a threat, you said it yourself!"

"Alex," J'onn finally met her gaze. "We are as confused as you are, you know as much as we do."

Alex gulps and swallows her words. She closes her mouth and turns her head to...her sister?

~

Agent Vasquez looked over the security surveillance. The Kara they rescued days before is still in her cell, but she's been pacing for the last few hours. Suddenly anxious. The guards outside her door report nothing suspicious. Besides the noticeable mood swing.

And the Kara they just rescued yesterday still lies unconscious on the stretcher. Same scars, same DNA, same fingerprints, same blood results. Same kryptonite poisoning. Completely identical.

All aside from the brain scan.

Alex has been up all night, as if she had been sleeping in the first place, studying the scans. This "new" Kara's scans are semi normal. There are some signs of insomnia, from lack of sleep. There's damage from possible drugs or dangerous chemicals. All other illnesses they are going to have to pin-point when she wakes up.

And she compares them to the "old" Kara.

It's like comparing black and white, sad and happy, dark and light. Like someone jump started her brain, but Alex assumes it didn't go as expected.

She still can't wrap her head around it.

There's a knock and Alex jumps in her seat. She turns to see J'onn leaning against the door frame. He has his arms crossed and seems tired himself.

"J'onn? What are you doing here, its the middle of the night." Her voice is hoarse and drained.

"I could say the same thing." He smiled and walked towards her.

"Anything new?" He asked, looking over the sheets.

"No, still just a confusing mess." She sighs.

"I know that everything is pretty crazy right now," He starts and Alex smirks.

"Pretty crazy?" She cuts in, earning a chuckle from J'onn. "More like insane."

"Okay, as insane everything is right now, I promise you, you will have your sister back. You can't give up on her." He says softly.

"Which one?" She muttered and the martian rubbed her back. She perked her head up, and said, "Remember a couple of days ago when Cadmus invaded the DEO?"