Part one: past memories

"Why do you twitch? It's freaky"

"oh, I have t-Tourette's syndrome"

a small brown haired boy, no more then five, sat in the corner, almost alone. that is except for a blonde little girl staring at him with wide blue eyes, filled with endless curiosity.

She was in the middle of barraging him with questions, all about his severe medical condition. The girl was one of the only kids brave enough to actually go up to the boy and talk to him. All of the others were afraid that he would give them his condition, as if it was a common cold that could be passed along to others if they weren't careful.

 not taking his brown eyes off of the Wooden floor, he ran his small, pale hands over tiny cracks in the wood, suddenly interested in doing anything but talking to this girl.
"Is that why you studder?" The small child asked, tilting her head
"y-yeah, i g-guess" the brunette answered softly

"You kinda sound like a clock" the girl said, innocently as a four year old could

the boy didn't even look up from the floor, even from a young age he was used to children's remarks, or curious questions. he was constantly asked why he suddenly jolted and cracked his neck, even by adults. though it didnt faze him as much any more, the thought that other people were... afraid of him was what put him on edge.

Without warning, the boys neck suddenly cracked from a twitch, causing a loud popping noise to seemingly echo from the corner into the whole room. All the children stopped what they were doing, and immediately glued their eyes onto the brunettes small form in the corner. The blonde girl widened her eyes, and started scooting away from the corner, her blue eyes never leaving the boy she now probably thought of as a freak. 

Now Toby was completely alone. he pulled his small knees up to his head and just stayed in a ball like position. He was on the verge of tears, why couldnt he be like other kids? why couldnt he just be normal? why did others hate him?

then the sound of a small child's voice grabbed his attention.

"Hey, what's your name?"

(Your POV)
You looked over at the small, brunette boy in the corner, letting out a small twitch every few moments. The girl that was previously around him asking him questions, scooted away from the boy after the loud neck crack. Your young heart felt a stab of sympathy for him. you knew that he must be extremely lonely. Heck, he must feel like a freak.

you slowly got up from your sitting spot on the wooden floor, and started to timidly walk over to the small figure in the corner. When you walked up, it seemed like he didn't even notice your presence, he just stayed in the same ball-like position.

so, gathering up all your courage,you slowly reached down and tapped his shoulder.

"Hey, what's your name?" You asked

The boy tensed at your touch and his head jerked up to look at you. This boy was pale, sickly pale, it made his faint freckles on his face stand out more on his milky white skin. He had chocolate brown hair that went in every direction, and matching big brown eyes, almost the color of hersheys chocolate. his whole body began to tremble under your gaze.
"Huh? M-me?" The boy stuttered out
"Yeah, my names (name)" small you said. flashing a smile, revealing your toothy grin.
The boy slightly relaxed, and slightly smiled.
"My names t-toby"