Part four: reunion

In the safe darkness of the night, someone lurked in the shadows. They walked down through the woods alone taking extra measures not to make any more noise than necessary.

As they walked, the pine trees surrounding them started swaying in the chilly wind, even though it didn't really bother them. The winds howl was surprisingly calming.

They had just started to walk back after dropping that girl off at her home, (which They willingly volunteered to do).
She was knocked out cold, so they slipped inside her first floor apartment through the window, and put her back in bed, hopefully she would think the whole thing was a dream, and forget in a few days.

Deep down they were pleased in themselves that they convinced their boss to save her, she could continue to live, and they wouldn't feel guilty about taking another life. They would rather not be kept awake feeling guilty for yet another murder.

But, as they walked back, lost in thought, for some reason they couldn't shake the feeling that something about that girl was familiar. her H/C H/L hair, her bright E/C orbs that were stricken with fear when she looked at them. They really hoped they didn't scare her too much.

'I wish I could see her again' They thought . 'Maybe... awake this time'

Without thinking of the consequences from their inter-dimensional demon boss, their feet made a 180° and went back the way they came.

They had their hatchet in their gloved hand and that girl on their twisted mind. They quickly picked up the pace as they made their way back to her apartment.

Making sure they wouldn't be caught on the hotel camera system, they slowly and silently crept up to the back window of her ground floor apartment, making sure to not wake her or anyone else hat might be in a nearby room.

When they crept up to her kitchen window, they pulled out an orange Bobby pin that they had found in the woods a few days ago, one of their 'coworkers' said it matched their goggles.
'Heh, whatever that means' they thought.

They had to do this the last time they were here, they inserted the Bobby pin inside the lock on her window, and wiggled it around until They heard that small 'click'.
Then they slowly slid it open, and let the chilly November air inside her warm apartment.
They silently crept in, and walked down the dark hallway until eventually they got to her bedroom door which was slightly cracked open, soft music erupting from small speakers on her nightstand. They smiled in twisted delight as they made their way over to her sleeping form .

(Name) had eventually fallen asleep in her bed after all the worrying.
Her blankets held her in the calm abyss that was sleep. Her H/C hair fell all around her face and pillow in a haphazard manner. She was completely relaxed, which was a rare occurrence nowadays.

She had long since disregarded the last 'incident' as nothing more than a crazy dream her mind made up.
'As if it would be any more than that' she thought, 'You're just sleep deprived, there's nothing more to it'

Suddenly, (name) felt the feeling of something over your mouth, and her nose filled with the scent of metallic like blood. She quickly opened up her eyes to see... him,
the boy from her dream, the boy who saved her.

Nonetheless, she still struggled as hard as she could underneath his grip, but he was straddling her and she could barley move underneath the blankets that further pinned her down. She was trapped yet again, this time though, it was in her own house.

Tears streamed down her face.
he didn't kill her back at the woods but she was sure that he would kill her now.

He then slowly moved his hand to tuck a piece of her hair that draped across her face behind her ear,
"H-hello" he whispered softly.
(Name) stoped struggling for a moment, why hasn't he chopped her up with his hatchet yet? He had plenty of time to do so, why was he...greeting her?
The only thing that was currently hurting was her struggling under the boys weight on her body. That was the only thing that prevented her from thinking this was some sort of sleep deprived hallucination, she wouldn't be hurting.

When she paused for that moment, (Name) couldn't help but see that the boy looked, almost child-like in a sense.
She could faintly see his chocolate brown eyes under his goggles, they looked at her with, almost a hint of sadness and worry, but still kept an innocence about them as well. Seeing this made (name) calm down slightly, though she was still on edge.

"P-please don't-" the boys neck then turned and cracked suddenly, thought he kept on speaking, "p-please don't b-be afraid o-of me, I'm not h-here to kill you I s-swear! I was j-just here to c-check on you, I know that I c-came in your room w-with a hatchet b-but please t-trust me"

The boy had a soothing, sweet voice that even the constant twitching didn't cloud. (Name) could tell from his tone that he was trying to calm her, well to the best of his abilities.

She stopped struggling, but remained silent, 'what if this was all a big trick?'
She thought,
'he broke into my house in the middle of the night and now he's pinning me down, why wouldn't he kill me?'

"P-please, I p-promise that I won't h-hurt you-U, I just wanted" the boy yet again twitched, "I just w-wanted to see you, y-you r-remind me of..." he paused "s-someone"

He sat silently, looking like he ran out of things to say, so he looked around the room for a moment. His goggle-covered eyes landed on a bedside picture that was now lit better from the blue rays of moonlight
Outside.

He tilted his head and leaned over to grab the picture, staying on (name) in the process.
"Is...that?"
Even clouded in orange, she could still see that He widened his eyes
"Is that me?"
He turned the picture so (name) could see it too.

She widened her eyes

It was a picture of her and Toby Rodgers

She stopped and thought, the twitching, the studder, the big brown eyes, this couldn't be... him could it?

He took his hand off (names) mouth, but she didn't scream, instead she watched as he repositioned his goggles onto his head, showing those chocolate brown eyes that now looked oh so familiar. He leaned closer

"A-are you (full name)?" He asked

She quickly nodded, her E/C orbs filling again with tears, but not scared one this time. She couldn't believe it, the friend she had been missing for years is right in front of her. Here, alive.

Without thinking, she bolted up and engulfed Toby Rodgers in the hug she had saved for him for years.

"I missed you Toby" she whispered.