Part five: promise

"I missed you toby" she whispered next to my ear, only loud enough for him to hear

An audible gasp escaped from tobys masked mouth. he hadn't heard such a warm and refreshing tone since they separated years ago.

he heard her quietly giggle from behind his shoulder, as she was still burying him in the mother of all bear hugs.

"I m-missed you too (name)" he hesitantly whispered back, feeling no rush to let her go again. this all felt too good to be happening, Seeing the only person alive that cared about him again? he was still counting for him to wake up in the woods somewhere alone, this whole thing being nothing but a crazy yet amazing dream.

After a few more moments passed by in blissful silence, She finally let him go and leaned back on her bed, propping herself up on her elbows. however she still maintained her gaze on him with those beautiful (E/C) toby used to innocently get lost in for hours when he was a little kid.

"Where have you been all this time? I worried about you everyday for months. I had thought you had..." her small voice trailed off into a soft whisper, her eyes filling with worry about his current well being. now that he thought about it, he didn't even realize how worried she must have been in the years he was gone. 'how stupid am i?' he chastised himself, 'i should have tried to find her, i should have made more of an effort, that's the least i could do for her"

he took a small pause and thought for a moment on how to truly explain his 'occupation' without freaking her out more than she already had been by the earlier events of the night. he definitely  wasn't about to  tell her about how hes a mind servant for a nine foot tall demon who eats people he brings them. he didn't want to risk losing her again, that would put her at a huge risk. if they found out she would definitely be...

"I-it's complicated" was all he could come up with in the moment.
though, just from her eyes he could tell she wasn't buying it in the slightest.

"For the most p-part, I've been.. t-traveling... mostly in the woods with those other t-two guys you saw e-earlier"
She visibly tensed up at the mere mention of the other two. Tim and Brian.
"B-but don't worry, I won't-" his neck snapped,"I won't l-let them hurt y-you" he reassured, watching as her facial expression changed back to a look of relief.

he smiled at her. his brown eyes then trailed down to look to the position they were in, and immediately got off of her hips, not wanting to make her feel more awkward than she probably already felt. his pale cheeks couldn't help but tint a light shade of red. though frankly he was thankful she couldn't see it under his mouth guard.

"Toby" she whispered
"Y-Yeah?" he replied
She gulped and her gaze trailed down to tobys dull, orange-handled hatchet he had laid on the foot of her bed,

"did they send you to..." She trailed off "kill me?",

his mind raced, 'No, of course not' he thought, 'youre too special to me, youre the only one i have left, why would i do that'

he had absolutely no part in him to do something like that to her. Even after all these years she was still as sweet and as beautiful as he remembered, if not more so.
(Name) was the only friend that hasn't been taken from him in this unforgiving world. he would do everything in his power to keep that, and that was a promise.

toby got off her bed and kneeled by her side, looking into her wide (e/c) eyes.
"N-no, of course not, how could I hurt my only friend. I c-care about you too much (n-name)"

 in the dismal light of the moon, the boy watched as her fair cheeks tinted a light shade of red, and her lips curved into a shy smile. Dear God, he loved that beautiful smile more than anything.