IX

A/N: Hey guys! First author's note, woohoo! First off, thankyou so much to everyone who's been reading OOTB, we're now over 200 reads!! SO EXCITING! But the main reason for this A/N is that I updated chapters 4 onwards a little while ago and some key info was added/removed so please go reread those before you read this one! But anyway, enjoy!

My left arm is numb. It's the only thought in my head when my eyes open to the sunlight streaming in through the white lace curtains. I groan slightly as I roll onto my back and gingerly stretch my arm out in front of me, wincing slightly at the pins and needles sensation that shoots through my body at the movement.

The second thought that pops into my head is how hungry I am. I can feel my stomach cramping in its desire for food, but despite all of that, I want nothing more than to curl up in this massive bed with these supersoft sheets and heavenly pillows.

The third thought that flies into my mind stops me in my tracks. It's the thought - or more, the recollection - that I don't have white lace curtains. Or a massive bed. The window in my apartment doesn't have any sheers on it yet. My bed is a queen, but this feels so much bigger, and upon further inspection, it's not the quilt or sheets that I have on my bed at home.

My third thought is that I'm not at home. And I don't know where I am.

I couldn't remember too much from last night. I knew that I should be panicking, that waking up in a strange room with no recollection of the night before is never a good sign, but there was some part of me that was strangely calm.

Sitting up, I flung the sheets back and wondered at the plain white walls and the sparse decor. There's the window to my left, a lone nightstand beside the bed, and a matching dresser on the wall opposite. There are two doors on the wall to my right, and it's my guess that one of them leads outside while the other most likely gives way to a closet.

Piled neatly at the end of the bed, someone's left me a pair of bloke's shorts and an old Harvard shirt. But as tempting as it is to peel off these skinny jeans after a night of dancing and sleeping, I think it's best to stay in my own clothes.

What could've happened? I was out with Cameron and the boys, I remember that much. We met up with Parker, Kaidan, and Nate at this place called Lucky Break, which was given its name due to all of the pool tables that were clustered in the back of the building. I remember Nate asking what I wanted for dinner...

"Blake, what pizza do you want?" Nate called from the bar.

"Whatever!" I shouted back.

The place the boys had brought us to was called 'Lucky Break'. Clearly, it was given its name by the number of pool tables that were present within the back half of the building. The front half had a few tables where people could stand around and drink after ordering something from the bar.

Cameron, Kaidan, and Parker had begun a variation of kelly pool, where they each had three numbers that corresponded to three pool balls, which they had to keep secret from the others and try to keep out of the pockets in order to win the game. I was sitting on a bar stool that I had dragged beside the table, occasionally drinking out of the Corona bottle that was in my hand.

There weren't many balls left on the table, so one of the boys was bound to go out soon. My money was on Parker considering how badly he played at that party we went to when I first arrived in Melbourne.

"Voila," Nate said, as he placed a box of pizza on the round bar table in front of me.

"Ahh, thank you," I said, lifting the lid off the box and inhaling the smell of my Margherita pizza. I picked up one of the slices and could feel my mouth salivating as I saw how cheesy it was. I wasted no time digging into it.