0.2

I sighed internally, seeing Rocky smirk behind the mahogany desk only infuriated me more.
"So how about you sit down and we'll talk about your application."
I grudgingly say in the seat in front of him.
"Well.." he said and I just stared at him. No way was I going to ramble like I usually do. I had to keep it professional.
"Yes, anything in particular you want to know I'm pretty sure I wrote everything down."
He held his hands up in mock surrender, "Alright no need to be feisty tiger!"
"Don't call me that, aren't you a little young to be a CEO?"
He raised his eyebrows, clearly not used to people sassing him.
"If you may know my father retired young and gave me the job."
"Great so you're like only here because you're dad used to be the boss."
I noticed his hands clenched in fists on the desk in front of me, knuckles white.
"No I went through the same interview process as everyone else."
I ran my hand through my hair, and tapped my fingers on my lap.
"And you're quite rude for someone who needs a job? Maybe this company isn't the best."
I gave him a tight lipped smile.
Already lost an amazing job opportunity just because the boss is a douche.
There was no way I was going to kiss ass though.
"Well thanks very much for your time Mr Lynch."
I got up to leave, just as my hand reached the door knob I heard a cough behind me and Rocky saying my name.
I turned back around to see his brown eyes staring at me.
"Yes ?" I asked, intrigued.
He gestured to the same seat I had just been sitting on.
"I've rejected every other applicant because I thought your resume was the best. I thought you were gonna have a stellar personality but we can work on that I suppose." He said thoughtfully his fingers brushing his lower lips.
He got out a stack of papers and told me to sign them.
"If it's okay with you you're gonna start today, Mabel my receptionist has to leave early."
I nodded and didn't say anything else in reply.
He took out his phone, and started tapping and handed it to me.
"You're gonna need to put your number in, you are my personal assistant I need you on call 24/7."
I typed in my number and saved my name.
He nodded in thanks when I gave him his phone back.
"Okay so I'm gonna go over some ground rules.
1. I'm a private guy, all the media outlets see me as a playboy and any publicity is good publicity. But I wouldn't go to the press to sell out a story."
I rolled my eyes at him.
"2. I don't like a lot of talk, I didn't hire a friend I hired a PA so please just do your job.
3. Please do NOT get romantically involved with anyone in the office -"
"Sounds a bit hypocritical."
"I'm the boss Juli I can do what I want"
"You can't call me that." I said angrily, the nickname bringing bad memories of my ex.
"Okay whatever you say Juli
4. This is the most important, my personal life is not allowed to be discussed my family is off limits and I don't want a personal relationship with you. So are we clear?"
"Yes we are."
He stood up and straightened his shirt, just as he was getting ready to move I heard a knock on the office door and turned round to see a guy walk in excitedly.
"Hey bro!" He said to Rocky.

Rocky looked at him and sighed

"Yes Ryland what can I do for you this morning?"
Ryland went to speak and then noticed me sitting looking at him with a quirked eyebrow.
"And who is this fine lady? What happened to Leah from a couple floors down?"
"She's Juli-"
"Ette Harvey" I finished for him, "I'm the new personal assistant."
Rocky glared at me as Ryland started to have a conversation with me about the job and what I did in college.
He coughed to silence us.
"Ryland seriously what do you need?"
"Where's the brotherly love, Rocky?"
I turned round and looked at Rocky my mouth agape, only seeing the similarities between the two guys now.
He gave me a warning glance that said, don't talk about this again.
"I'm serious Ry I have to get to work. What is it you need."
He laughed, "loosen up, I brought the Harry Styles stuff up for you."
He dumped a stack of folders on the desk in front of Rocky.
"He's coming by later he said, and mom said you need to come tonight no but's."
I saw his cheeks blush. He gave his brother a warning look.
His brother continued on his speech.
"And mom said don't bring that girl again, she wants a nice girl-" he pointed at me, "like her."
I put my head down embarrassed that Ryland was bringing me into a family conversation. Rocky shook his head
"Juli will not be attending tonight thanks I'll bring who I want."
"Fine if you aren't going to bring her I will-"
I looked round quickly at Ryland
"I don't think that's a good idea-"
"Why ? Have you got a date tonight? I bet that the guy's fall over themselves to take you on a date."
"Umm ..."
Rocky turned round at that point with raised eyebrows.
"Have you got a date Juli?"
"No!"
"Well then you won't mind going to our dinner tonight with me Juliette." Said Ryland to me.
"Ryland you aren't taking my personal assistant to our family dinner."
"If you aren't taking her I am. Show her a bit of family love from the company."
"No you aren't Ryland I swear get out before I kick you out." He said with a laugh.
Ryland backed out of the room.
"Rocky you do have to come tonight it's Del's birthday party."
"I will come don't worry."
As he walked out of the room I felt my phone buzz, I looked down to see an Instagram follow request from @/rylandlynch. I laughed to myself and Rocky turned round to look at me.
"What are you laughing at?"
"Just your brother is pretty full on."
I turned my phone and showed him the follow request.
"Oh my god, he's a creep, Jesus." He ran his hands through his hair.
"Please don't accept that, god."
I pressed accept and followed him back, "oh like I've just done?"
He started walking out of the office abruptly, "hurry up Juli I'm waiting. We can talk about this whole situation later, right now yourself and I have work to do."

1132 words