0.4

TRIGGER WARNING - panic attacks and references to difficult situations. Do not read if you are not comfortable. And if anyone ever feels down, sad or needs to talk, my ears are always listening.
IT'S OKAY NOT TO BE OKAY

Rocky led me down the corridor to outside the elevator.
"After you Juli."
"God you're annoying can you stop calling me that?"
"Okay only if you tell me why you hate it so much."
"No." I answered curtly.
"That's it -"
"That's it, end of discussion. I don't wanna talk about it."
I walked into the elevator and turned away from Rocky. I wouldn't let him remind me of my ex Blake. All the bad memories came flooding back to me quickly and I got panicked. Everything he ever did to me came back to me. Suddenly I found it hard to breathe and I felt the air leaving my lungs. I held onto the bannister inside the elevator and my knees felt weak.
Rocky looked at me concerned, "oh my god Juliette are you okay?"
And then it all went black.

~later~
I woke up to brightness. I was lying on the sofa in Rocky's office, he was sitting across from scrolling on his phone.
I put a hand to my head, "I am so so so sorry Rocky I can't believe I had a goddamn panic attack on my first day here."
He looked at me sternly, I thought for sure he was going to fire me for being useless.
"What ? Why would you be apologising? Look I crossed a line clearly. I don't know I called you something that brought back bad memories. And it's okay if you don't wanna tell me what's wrong, maybe sometime in the future you can. And as for my behaviour yeah I've been a dick-"
He ran a hand through his hair. I went to speak.
"No Rocky-"
"No Juliette I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot. You're funny and sarcastic exactly what I need for a personal assistant. And I want you to come tonight to Del's party - as friends obviously." He spluttered, "but first we need to go shopping because I haven't gotten her a present yet."
"Oh my god are you serious?"
"Deadly" he sighed.
I jumped up to my feet, "come on we better get going then I suppose, text Ryland to hold the fort until we get Rydel's present."
He quickly typed a text on his phone and followed me back to the same elevator. I shuddered and felt Rocky place his hand on the small of my back. I felt electricity surge through me.
Oh god no don't think that don't think that, he's your boss and that's ALL
I shot him a smile and we rode down the elevator together.
We walked out the front door and he led me to a Range Rover. He opened the car door for me and then got in himself.
"No chauffeur then ?" I teased
He went slightly red, "No I didn't want him here. I don't know it's too personal and besides he would laugh at me for not getting Del's present."
"Okay fair point, so where are we going first then boss?"
"Ummm I don't know what do girls like for their 26th birthday ?"
"Okay straight to Sephora Rocky."