Annoying (Eren x Reader)

Rivals. It is the word that described their relationship. Their rivalry was intensified when taken to the training area. She despised him; or so she thought.

"Is that the best you can do, (l/n)?" Eren said as the two were in a deadlock, trying to play mercy with each other. They were both trying to push each other out of the circle they created on the floor. "You haven't pushed me an inch in the last two minutes," both of them were sweating under the hot rays of the sun.

"Says a lot about you, Jaeger, You aren't even close to pushing me." She leaned to the side, letting go of his hands, causing him to fly out of the circle. She stood over him and looked at his fallen body. "You can't always push to win, Jaeger. Take that as a lesson." he furrowed his eyebrows in anger and kicked her leg. She fell on her back, stunned by his sudden comeback. Before she could get back up and regain control, he mounted on her and pinned her arms down to the ground.

Her heart skipped a beat. Unsure of the reason, she blamed it on the fact that she lost to Eren. "You already told me that months ago. But here's a lesson: you can't put your guard down, even when you think you've won."

---

She hatefully rolled her eyes upon hearing his annoying voice. "Titans are nothing. One day I'm going to live outside of these walls and not worry about those pests, Mikasa. Just watch me!" he slammed a hand down onto the table and ate bread from his other- Armin and Mikasa listening patiently.

That was the last straw for her.

"ugh," she sighed and walked away, wanting to escape his annoying voice.

It was his impulsivity and lack of restraint that she didn't like the most. He would get killed one day as a result of his absence of self control. This is important especially because he was a titan. And it was also because of his abilities to turn into a titan that she hated him. Everyone gives him praise and attention for being something the humans are trying to eradicate.

She heard Jean making a rebuttal to him but she didn't bother to listen; it was probably too stupid for her anyway. She didn't like him either, he was too similar to Eren- which would explain why they never get along. Jean paused as he saw her heading to the door and ran for her.

"Hey, hey, where are you going?" he grinned cockily, blocking her path at the door.

"I was about to go kick someone's ass because they wouldn't let me through the door." she snapped at him which caused him to turn red in embarrassment, and Eren to erupt into laughter behind her.

"Shut up, Jaeger!" Jean shouted, "It's not like she would like you more, anyway!"

"Oh yeah? We'll just see!" Eren shouted back to him.

"Boys, boys, no need to fight over me. I hate you both equally." she replied, walking out of the door. Both froze at her response.

She walked to a table in front of the main building and just watched the other soldiers laugh with each other.

"I didn't know you hated me," A voice said behind her. She turned around- Eren had followed behind her. "I mean, yeah we're rivals, but I didn't think you hated me. I thought his was just all fun and games." he said and sat down beside her. "Why do you hate me?"

"Piss off, Jaeger." she said, getting up from her seat and walking away to start training again. She can't even stand to breathe the same air as his. He grabbed for her arm but immediately pulled back.

---

"(y/n), just tell me," Eren pleaded as they sparred with each other.

"No." she coldly replied, "why do you care? Jean doesn't care if I said I hated him."