Pumpkin Eater

Neymar and Lionel Messi

____________

Being in love isn't hard. Circumstances make love hard. So there he was, sitting, hands shaking as he held his lover's phone. Neymar wasn't the type of person who kept quiet and stayed calm and collected. That's that Lionel loved about him. He had a fire inside that burned throughout his entire being. So what was he going to do? He had barely seen the pictures and he was way too dizzy to even remember or concentrate on what he was looking at.

He looked back at Lionel with tears in his eyes. "What is this?" He asked, holding the phone out in front of Lionel's face.

There in the screen were pictures of half naked people and screenshots of Snapchats people had sent him. There were videos of about just any angle of private body parts of different people.

"Neymar.. I'm sorry.. I don't know what I was thinking I promise it was a mistake. It'll never happen again."

Lionel's apology fell silent in Neymar's ears. He couldn't stop shaking and soon he began sobbing quietly. He didn't like crying in front of anyone but he couldn't keep his emotions at bay. He felt dizzy and tired. Suddenly he couldn't even remember anything he had seen except the fact that he had indeed seen those things. He couldn't hear Lionel crying and asking for forgiveness. All his senses had become clouded.

All he felt was anger and pain. He didn't know what questions to ask or how to even speak. It's as if his voice had got caught far too down his throat. Time stood still but the clock kept ticking.

"Why? Why... why?! Why?!? Why would you do this to me?!"

Neymar's soft hands formed into fists and although he wasn't actually punching Lionel, he was hitting his chest and any body part he could find with them. Lionel held him down tightly as they both cried.

"I promise you I will never do that again I don't know why I even did it. Neymar I love you.. you know I do please I will do anything to fix it."

Betrayal is hard to get over. Loving someone can be such a powerful thing. You blindly forgive mistakes and you continue to love because that's all you know how to do. We love people and we get used to being around them so much it becomes impossible to imagine a life without them.

Neymar loves Lionel. He loved him so much he was willing to forgive a lot of things. He was so enamored by Lionel that it became difficult to imagine a life without him. How could he live without this man? He was so used to seeing him every single day. He couldn't help but give him another chance.

Things were different though. Suddenly there was no trust. Neymar's anxiety was over the roof and he couldn't go too long without feeling the need to check Lionel's phone. He couldn't go too long without asking why he did it and what he gained from it. It was exhausting the both of them.

"I'm trying to prove myself to you but it's so difficult when you doubt every single thing I'm saying, ney."

"It's hard to trust you, Leo. I think I need more time to process everything and to see if I can begin to actually trust you again."

Lionel was so in love with Neymar that he was willing to give him all the time in the world. If he could turn back time he would. He really would. Nothing is worth losing Neymar and he felt like he was very close to doing so.

They kissed. It was soft and feathery. All the feelings rushed back. Their first kiss, their first date, their first fight, everything. Love is so easy but circumstances make it so hard. Loving is so easy but making a relationship work takes so much more than that.
//////

Just a simple one to start things up again :)