The Party

Josie and Lizzie are turning 16, for Lizzie it was a massive deal, Josie didn't mind too much.

"Are you ready for tonight Josie?" Lizzie says with the biggest smile on her face.

"I guess I am." Josie says, quietly.

"C'mon Josie, get fired up, this is going to be the best night of our lives. I've got a super hot date and you..." Lizzie stops and thinks about what she's going to say.. "haven't got a date."

"You don't think I know that?" Josie says looking at the ground.

"I'm sure you'll still have fun. I'll be there, MG will be there, Hope will unfortunately be there." Lizzie rolls her eyes.

"Why do you hate Hope so much?" Says Josie crossing her arms. "She hasn't done anything to you."

"It's not what she's done, it's how she's influencing dad and literally taking him away from us. I hate having no attention from dad." Lizzie sighs.

"Dad doesn't do it on purpose, he just happens to be around Hope more than us."

"Thats the problem, it's like he doesn't care about us," Lizzie complains.

"Lizzie, don't worry about it right now, it's our birthday and don't you want it to be perfect? Don't let Hope ruin that for us."

Lizzie exhales, "you're right, let's get ready for an epic sweet 16 birthday."

THAT NIGHT

"It's almost time!" Lizzie says, jumping out of her shoes.

Josie helps Lizzie find the perfect dress and does her hair immaculately.

"How do I look?" Asks Lizzie.

"Amazing." Says Josie.

"I know." Says Lizzie confidently as she struts out of the room leaving Josie to dress herself.
Josie watches as Lizzie disappears from behind the door.

Josie turns away and tries to find something decent enough for her to wear. 
She smiles at the sight of the letter resting on top of a wrapped rectangle box. She opens the box and finds a beautiful necklace from Hope.

'How can Lizzie hate her?' Josie thinks to herself. She happily puts the necklace around her neck when she hears a sudden knock at her door.

*knock knock*

Josie looks towards the door and sees Penelope standing there.

"Hey Jojo, need an escort?"

Josie blushes when she hears Penelope say 'Jojo.' Josie unlocks eye contact from Penelope.

"Sure, do you know someone who's heart isn't made of stone?"

Penelope ignores Josie and continues by saying; "It's a shame you're not dressed for your party."
Penelope says looking Josie up and down.

"I'm surprised you are. I didn't think you'd come to your ex girlfriends birthday party." Josie says.

"I wouldn't miss it." Penelope moves closer to Josie.

"Why are you here?" Josie asks.

"I wanted to see you before I didn't get the chance to." Penelope says.

"Why? You haven't worried about me in a long time." Josie says.

"Of course I still care about you." Penelope says

Josie looks at her, confused.

"I'll see you at the party." Penelope turns away smirking and leaves.