The Kiss

Josie approaches her mum.

"Aren't you going to be late?" Says Jo, looking at her, wondering why she isn't at her own party.

"Oh it's cool, no one will notice."

"I'm sure someone will."

"I doubt that, very much." Says Josie.

"Is there someone special?" Asks Jo.

"That, is a very complicated question."

"Humour me."

"Well, last year, there was this girl... but she dumbed me," says Josie, looking at the ground, holding back her tears.

"Oh Josie, I'm so sorry." Says Jo.

"It's fine, that was a while ago. I'm over her now." Josie lies. She can't seem to fall out of love with Penelope, even after everything that has driven herself away from Penelope.

"You better go to your party before it's over"

"Yeah, I guess." Josie says, not wanting to go.

Josie enters into the party looking at all the fun everyone is having. She sees Lizzie and Raf dancing which for someone reason Josie feels jealous by. She scans the room and sees Penelope standing up on the balcony looking down at her. Josie shies away.

"Hey." Says Hope. "Where have you been?"

"With my mum. She was helping me get ready."

"You look very nice." Hope says,

"Thanks, you look great too."

Hope smiles. "Looks like someone can't keep their eyes off of you." Hope says, looking up at Penelope.

Josie looks at Penelope again who's eyes are still locked on her.

"I think she still likes you." Says Hope. "I can't blame her."

Josie lets out a little smile.

LATER THAT NIGHT

Josie walks out of the showers and sees Hope talking to Penelope. She quickly walks away to not be stopped by either of them.

"Hey." Says Penelope. Josie stops and turns facing Penelope. "Off so soon?" Hope glances at Josie and silently walks away leaving Penelope and Josie to themselves.

"I'm really tired, okay? I've had a big night."

"It didn't seem like it," Penelope says. "You turned up half an hour late and left at 9:30"

Penelope walks towards Josie standing a metre apart from her. Josie was too nervous to even look at her directly in the eyes so she kept her head down and her eyes on the floor.

"Look at me." Says Penelope raising one hand up and gently putting her pointer finger on Josie's chin.

Josie slowly raises her eyelids and alternates her eyes on Penelope's  eyes and lips.

"Do i make you nervous?" Penelope smirks as she pulls her finger away from Josie's chin.

Josie breathes heavily and eventually finds the words to say;

"n-n-no.."

"Are you sure?" Penelope asks.

"Y-yes, I'm sure." Josie's says and slowly turns away from Penelope as she is so desperate to kiss her but she can't let herself do that.

Penelope grabs her arm and pulls her back for a nice long kiss. Penelope gently puts her hands on Josies soft cheeks while still locking lips with her. Josie pulls away.

"I hate you." She says.

"I know," Penelope smirks.

Unexpectedly, Josie pulls in for another kiss. They hold it for at least 2 minutes when they were interrupted by noises coming from the hallway. They both stop, Penelope grabs hold of Josie's hand and takes her away from the noise. Penelope leads Josie around the corner, and pushes Josie against the wall and kisses her. She releases and kisses her on her neck putting her hand on Josie's face. Penelope reaches back up to Josie's lips and kisses her passionately again. Penelope stops and pulls away from Josies lips. Josie bites her lower lip and focusing her eyes on Penelopes.
Penelope flirtatiously says "sleep tight, Jojo," and starts strutting away. Josie couldn't help but stare Penelope up and down as Penelope turns around and looks at Josie with a smirk on her face. Josie was still shook from the last few minutes she had with Penelope, she didn't want Penelope to leave, she wanted her to keep going. 'Why did she stop?' Josie thought to herself.

Josie replaying the past few minutes she had with Penelope in her head, smiling at the thought of kissing Penelope again. Josie stumbled back to her room where she is confronted by Lizzie.

"Where have you been?!" Lizzie demands waiting for an answer.