5: Idiots

"So you... No, just repeat it back to me."

"I planned on asking him for his number,"

"Yes."

"And ended up buying two cacti, partially because he told me not to."

Kayla sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose. "...How the fuck do you go somewhere, with the intention of-"

"I don't know! He called my hair fluffy, it threw me off."

"So what're you going to do now? Try and get his number and do the same thing again?"

"...Perhaps I shall."

"You're going to end up with an army of cacti."

"You say that like it's a bad thing. I love my cacti babies." Will stated wistfully.

"You're a disaster."

"I knoooow! I can't talk to cute boys, it's a weakness."

"Cute boys? You're calling him cute?" Kayla cocked an eyebrow.

"Of course I'm calling him cute, he's the cutest goddamn man I've ever seen. Did you see his eyes? Adorable. Like an owls."

Kayla smiled, which was extremely suspicious.

"Don't look at me like that. That's your "I'm gonna set people up" look." Will warned.

"Come onnnn."

"Remember what happened last time you did that?"

"You went on a nice date with a pretty guy."

"And it went nowhere because all he wanted was to fuck. No thanks."

"For one, I wouldn't be setting you up completely like that time. Plus, we know Nico doesn't just want sex, because if he did you'd already have slept with him." Kayla reasoned.

"...Why do you assume I need your help?"

"You didn't deny the fact you'd fuck him."

"YEAH, because I WOULD, but that's beside the point. I could ask him out."

"No you could not. Like you said, you're useless around cute boys."

"Bet."

Kayla leaned in, getting just a bit too close. "Bet."

Will pushed Kayla away with a finger to her forehead, then stood up. "Guess what I'm going to do right now? Guess whaaaaat, sis?"

"You have a client coming in in ten minutes, Will, do you really have the time?"

"It'll take, like, two minutes. I'm getting myself a date with the cute flowershop boy!" And Will walked out determinedly.

Thalia sipped her monster, looking at Kayla thoughtfully. "You did that on purpose, didn't you?"

"He's a guy, tell 'em they can't do anything and they'll immediately want to."

"Girls are the same, trust me."

"And so is everyone in-between. People just really like doing things out of spite, huh?"

"Can you judge? You work here partially because your mom said you could never while you were growing up. That's spiteful." Kayla reminded her.

"I know, I'm the most spiteful bitch I know, Next to my wonderful girlfriend, of course."

"We stan bitchy spiteful lesbians."