Gift

(A/N: my very first XiCheng ff! I forgot to upload this here (wattpad) and saw this just now, so... XDXDXD here it is! I hope you'll like it! ^_^)

"Uhm..." Jiang Cheng called, hiding something in his back.

Lan Xichen turned, smiling, as usual. "What?" he asked.

Jiang Cheng pressed his lips tight as he took out the thing he's hiding. "Here." He said, his face red because of embarrassment. "I give you this." he told Lan Xichen, showing the golden ornament.

It was his mother's coronet.

Lan Xichen's face went serious. "Wanyin, this..." he said and looked at Jiang Cheng.

Jiang Cheng's face went serious, but his cheeks still flushed. "What?" he said, frowning. "You don't like this?" he asked and looked at Lan Xichen. "I wanted to give this to dajie, but she's already the mistress of other clan. So..." he said, then glanced at Lan Xichen. His face flushed again.

Ln Xichen smiled, then carefully took the golden ornament and wore it on his head. "How do I look?" he asked and looked at Jiang Cheng, smiling brightly.

Jiang Cheng's eyes went wide and his face went blood red, shocked speechless.

He never saw someone so beautiful as the one before him.

The next day...

"Elder brother?" Lan Wangji called when he saw Lan Xichen. "Where's the coronet you're wearing (showing off) yesterday?" he asked as he touched the forehead ornament Wei Wuxian gave him – his lover's gift for him.

Lan Xichen smiled. "When I wore it yesterday, Wanyin immediately took it back." he answered, then slightly grimaced. "I don't know why..." he said, thinking.

Lan Wangji may be poker–faced, but Lan Xichen knew his little brother is looking at him suspiciously with his blank eyes (is this even possible? XD).

Lan Xichen laughed. As to why...

"Ahahahahahaha! Ahahahahaha - !" a loud laugh echoed on the empty classroom in the Cloud Recess.

Needless to say, it was Wei Wuxian.

"You! Noise is prohibited in here - !" it was Jiang Cheng's voice.

"Now you're sounding more and more as one of the Lan's – " Wei Wuxian said and laughed again, holding his stomach. He's referring to the Lan Clan being strict with their rules.

"You - !" Jiang Cheng said and glared at Wei Wuxian.

"Ahahaha. Just why the hell you had to wear Madam Yu's coronet?" Wei Wuxian asked. "And you even asked me how do you look!" he said. "Of course you'd look ridiculous! It's for women – whoa!" he exclaimed and immediately jumped towards Lan Wangji when Jiang Cheng took out Zidian.

"Shut up - !" Jiang Cheng roared as he glared murderously at Wei Wuxian who's clinging tightly to Lan Wangji that just arrived.

Lan Wangji – poker–faced. Lan Xichen – smiling brightly. Wei Wuxian – laughing. Jiang Cheng – face red (embarrassed – towards Lan Xichen, mad – towards Wei Wuxian).

"Wanyin." Lan Xichen called.

Jiang Cheng's face went redder and he looked away. As to why he took back his 'gift' to Lan Xichen...

The one who could wear the coronet is a woman – the mistress of YunmengJiang Sect and Jiang Clan. Lan Xichen should be, but since he's a top, Jiang Cheng could only be both the sect leader and mistress of the Jiang Clan.

Also, Jiang Cheng, though he'd never admit, but he doesn't want others to see Lan Xichen in his most beautiful form.

And so he decided to return the coronet to his mother's grave, never tried to take it out again.