Part Eighteen

"Manta must've helped them get these guys back too," Superboy's fist went through the gooey form of a Whitago, but it reformed just a moment later.

"How kind of him," Emma growled. She leaped into the air as if to fly over a gunman's head, but quickly turned it into a flip and kicked him in the back of the head.

"Where's Miiyah?" Heather asked, setting a group of Whitago on fire as another girl froze one.

Miiyahbin was launching as many balls of ice as she could summon at the very unfortunate and red-faced Rhodes, who dove from house to house to try and find shelter from the swarm of heroes he had inadvertently helped create.

"Equinox look out!" Nightingale shouted. She leaped as high as she could to get a good angle, launching a lightning bolt at the sidearm Rhodes was aiming at her protege.

Miiyahbin all but ignored the warning, continuing her barrage as if she hadn't heard it.

"You killed my father, you steal our people, you poison our land, and you think you can just get away with it!?" The teenage girl screamed, a giant ball of snow and ice suspended in the air above her head. Her arms were shaking trying to hold it there.

Rhodes grinned cockily, anything would set her off. "That's usually how it works, innit dearie? White man can get away with anything these days."

Miiyahbin launched her ice at Rhodes with a scream of fury. It would have hit Hannah's house, which Rhodes had backed up against, had Kaldur not diverted it at the last second.

"Why did you do that!?" Miiyahbin screamed at Kaldur and Emma, both of them running towards her, "I had him right there, I could have gotten rid of him for good!"

Rhodes' eyes widened, just now realizing that the girl of the people he'd traumatized was actually very close to killing him, and the way Aqualad and Nightingale were looking at him, they might just let her get away with it.

But Nightingale shook her head. "We don't get to decide who lives and who dies."

"Then who does? Because he certainly thinks he has that power!"

As Rhodes tried to scuttle away, Kaldur formed thick bonds out of the ice, pinning him to the frozen ground.

"And that's what separates us from the bad guys." Emma said, placing a hand on Miiyahbin's shoulder. "There's a very fine line when it comes to being a hero with powers like ours. It's hard to not use it however we want."

"Just ask Superman," Kaldur smiled. Miiyahbin glanced between them doubtfully.

"That's why every superhero needs help, they need a team," Emma said.

"They need people they can rely on, people they can trust." Kaldur glanced at Emma with a shy smile.

"You've got us, you've got your grandmother, and you've got this whole island community relying on you for help that you can turn to."

Miiyahbin groaned, "Gee, thanks for the reminder."

With a roar, the remains of Miiyahbin's father rushed past, breaking Rhodes' bonds, throwing Aqualad and Nightingale into a snowbank, and snatching up Equinox.

"Miiyahbin!" Emma screamed, throwing herself back onto her feet. She ran after the Whitago, while Kaldur and Superboy locked down Rhodes and his remaining men.

Artemis handed off a couple foam arrows to the other girls like Heather to trap the Whitago while those with water and air powers worked together to freeze a few at a time. With a shout of strength, one of the girls with earth manipulation fashioned an arrow out of stone, launching it through the frozen creatures and completely shattering them. Heather raised a fist of fire to stop the last one, but caught sight of Nightingale waving her arms.