𝐇𝐞𝐫. (𝐁. 𝐔𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫)

╔.★. .═════════════╗

For: @Beebolover12
Request: I was thinking maybe a
stalker type fic, except Brendon
keeps finding challenges in the
way of making Y/N his.

╚═════════════. .★.╝

Brendon stood outside of the corner coffee shop, far enough to the side of the building so that he wasn't visible to all of the impatient patrons inside the store, but still close enough that he could keep his unwavering gaze steeled on her.

Her – the one who had the face of an angel and the presence of a goddess. Her – the one who had captivated him from the very moment he first laid eyes on her. Her – the freelance photographer whose choice to lend her services to a wedding planning company said a lot more about her than she knew.

Her – the one who would hardly ever say more than one sentence to him, but who had undisputedly, wholly captivated every fibre of his being.

In the best – and worst – possible way.

His ears pricked up at the sound of the barista calling out her name, and his hands went to readjust his cap as his eyes searched the room for her, remaining focused on her frame as she weaved her way to the front counter.

With her right hand pressing her cellphone to her ear, she reached for her beverage with her left hand, mouthing a word of thanks to the employee who'd prepared it. The use of her non-dominant hand resulted in a weaker grip on the takeaway cup, and the coffee almost slipped out of her grasp.

Through the window, Brendon could see her lipstick-covered lips part as a small gasp slipped past them, and he shut his eyes for just a second as he imagined what it sounded like.

He reopened his eyes right in time to see her breathe out a sigh of relief at having caught the cup with only minor spillage occurring, and he, too, exhaled.

Careful, (Y/N), he mentally cautioned her. Coffee stains are a bitch to get out; I'd hate for you to spill some on those jeans. They look so good on you.

Coffee in hand, she turned and headed for the exit. There was a slight swagger in the way she walked, and Brendon couldn't help himself but to steal a glance at her butt.

Oh, and you know it, too. You really shouldn't tease, (Y/N). It's not nice.

Watching her end her call before pushing her palm against the door and exiting the shop, he tilted his head down to hide his face from her line of sight and waited a bit – so as to create some distance between them – before proceeding to follow her.

As they treaded down the sidewalk, Brendon kept his frame slouched and his head tilted, allowing people to overtake him and fill up the empty space between him and her – all for the sake of remaining unnoticed. Not that he had to make much of an effort – it was New York on a Monday morning, after all; no one was going to pay any mind to a random guy wearing a baseball cap and trailing behind a girl on the sidewalk.

Especially when there were approximately ten other guys around him doing the exact same thing.

They continued walking for five more minutes before the subway entrance finally came into view. But, instead of turning and walking down the steps like she'd do every morning, she continued on, walking well past the entrance and further down the block.

Brendon's forehead creased as he confusedly pondered over why she had suddenly deviated from her daily routine, however his confusion was quickly replaced with realisation (and a mild tinge of anger) as he spotted the silver Audi idling in a parking bay along the side of the street.

He doubled-back, reducing his pace to 'barely-even-moving', as he watched her climb into the passenger seat of the flashy vehicle. She leaned over to greet the driver, planting a kiss on his lips; Brendon involuntarily clenched his fists.

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a glint from inside the car. Averting his gaze from her for a moment, he recognized the source to be the splintering watch adorning her companion's wrist.

Brendon resisted the urge to roll his eyes. This guy was way too over the top – a typical narcissistic businessman with too much money, which he used to buy showy cars and million-dollar watches and overseas vacation homes, all to overcorrect for his total lack of personality and the shitty way in which he treats women.

You're still with this guy? Come on, (Y/N). We both know you're better than that.

Brendon gritted his teeth as he watched the car carry her away, before stepping forward and raising a hand to hail a cab.

But don't worry, you'll see the light soon enough.

I'll make sure of it.

Part 2 in process...

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x

════════════════

Note: hi i really like this one and i'm excited for it to progress. also i'm sorry for being so inactive but i love you.

════════════════

════════════════