Chapter 9

Alex POV:

We were nearly at the towns square when piper grabbed my hand. The carriage was going to stop in the town square where a crowd of people were waiting for me, as well as news companies and the mayor of Orange. The crowds were huge, as I had only visited orange twice before, and everyone was dying to see their Queen.

Piper started holding my hand tighter, and I looked at her. "What's wrong" I whispered softly.

"I'm scared and nervous. There's tons of people and they're going to be staring at me. They'll think I'm a no one but a slut who pleasures you. I want to mean something, and be something. What if they all hate me? What if-" I shut piper up by kissing her cheek, making her blush.

"It'll be fine. I know it's overwhelming. No one will hurt you, and people will hate you but people will also love you. I won't let anything happen to you. And you mean something to me." I wiped away a tear that escaped her ocean eyes.

"Promise me that I'm not going to be your mistress. Promise me that I'll be able to give back to the kingdom and do things. I can't stay in that palace forever. I don't want to be viewed as a slut forever"

"Piper, you won't be. You're not a slut anyways, we both know that. Fuck what everyone else thinks"

They arrived at the square, taken into a makeshift building solely for the purpose of freshening me up.

My makeup was done (and I insisted on piper receiving the same treatment) and we both put on new clothes. She wore a dark green dress which made her look very cute:

And I wore black trousers, a shirt and a blazer again. I also had my crown on my head, and a thick red cloak rimmed with white fur which had black dots on. I wore various jewels to show my wealth too.

I caught piper staring at me and winked at her, causing her to giggle.

I started to walk out onto the stage which would allow the crowds to see me, and I made piper stand with my officials, even though I wanted her beside me.

I created clouds to thunder ahead of me, and black smoke curled around me, I heard gasps from the crowd and some people even fainted. I smirked at that.

I addressed the people, delivered my well rehearsed speech and left the stage. My cloak was removed along with my crown, and a little jewelled tiara took its place. I gestured for piper to come to me, and immediately she did. She then gushed to me "you were awesome! How did you do all that? It went really well, well done Al" and I smiled and said thank you.

Red carpet was embedded into the stones, and I walked along it, either side filled with fans who took pictures and wanted me to touch their hands. I would not. But I did smile at some of them. I even made a smoke rose for a little girl who squealed when it melted away in her chubby hands.

We had to do a slight walk of the city, and then I'd be taken to open a new fire station, which was built in my honour, of course.

Piper was walking slightly behind me, when someone started screaming at her.
"WHORE! BETRAYER!! OUR VILLAGE IS DISGUSTED WITH WHAT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAS DONE. SLUT! I HOPE YOUR'E ENJOYING FUCKING THAT EVIL BITCH. WE WILL FIND YOU AND KILL YOU BETRAYER. YOU WHORE"

Piper stood, shocked, slightly trembling and caving in on herself. I had had enough. I saw tears in pipers eyes, and my heart nearly broke for her. I declared

"Soldiers, capture that woman. Put her in jail now."

Soldiers pushed through the crowd and I saw them drag her away.

I walked up to piper and held her elbow, whispering in her ear "please don't cry. Keep walking, it's fine" and piper, in a robot- like state, carried on walking. I made more black smoke come out of nowhere, and we continued walking.