IV

CARLA LOOKED AT THE BOY IN FRONT OF HER. His eyes were flickering over every inch of her face, as though trying to burn it into his memory, and his features seemed a blend of wistful and disbelieving, as though he wasn't even sure she was really there.

     She was aware of all eyes on her, and anxiously Carla swallowed, taking a wary step back, "I'm sorry... Do I know you?"

     Five's face fell, eyebrows cinching as hurt flashed within his eyes, before he regained his composure, straightening, and Carla began to doubt if she ever saw that vulnerability to begin with.

     He shoved his hands into his pockets, "No, you wouldn't," and with that he stalked past them into the house, leaving six very confused individuals in his wake.

     It didn't take long for Diego, Luther, Allison, and Vanya to follow Five through the door, leaving Carla and Klaus outside.

     The girl looked at the man next to her, "What the flying fuck was that all about?"

     "Do you know him?" Klaus took out a cigarette, lighting it and taking a drag.

     Carla frowned deeply, shaking her head, "I've never met him before in my life."

     And with that, they both walked inside, to the pantry, where the others had gathered, all sat around a table.
Naturally, Klaus crawled onto the table, sitting in the middle, and Carla decided to pull up a stool and sit next to Klaus, behind Vanya.

     Five set down a wooden chopping board and knife, before walked over to a cabinet and pulling out a loaf of bread, "What is the date? I mean the exact date."

     "The 24th," Vanya said gently.

     He glanced at her briefly, "Of what?"

     "March."

     "Good," he said, taking out two slices and laying them on the chopping board.

     "So?" Luther said after a silence Five seemed to have no intention of filling, "Are we going to talk about what just happened?"

     Five made no attempt to reply, and Klaus exchanged a look with Carla; a quirk of the eyebrow, slight tilt of the head, Carla briefly grimacing in reply.

     Luther stood up, "It's been fifteen years!"

     The boy scoffed, and despite the almost comical height difference, he stared Luther down, "It's been a lot longer than that."

     He took a step forward, before teleporting to a cabinet a few meters behind, and Carla's eyes went wide, clearly awe struck. She had heard of Five's powers, but it was still incredibly impressive to see in person.

     "I haven't missed that," Luther muttered, as Five picked up a bag of marshmallows.

     "Where'd you go?" Diego asked wearily, not even looking at the boy.

     "The future," Five said simply, before teleporting back to the table, "It's shit, by the way."

     Klaus stuck up his hand, pointing at Carla triumphantly, "Called it!"

     Five sighed, walking to a fridge and taking out a jar of peanut butter, "I should have listened to the old man. You know, jumping through space is one thing, but jumping through time is a toss of the dice," he looked up at Klaus, "Nice dress."

     "Oh," Klaus made a show of twirling the belt, "Danke."

     Vanya held up a hand, "Wait, how did you get back?"