III

Wednesday, 8:15 AM. Again.

     "Hold the phone, hold the phone," Klaus said from his place on the sofa, "We all died fighting this thing the first time around, remember?"

     Diego nodded, "Klaus, shockingly, has a point. What gives us a win this time?"

     There was suddenly a large crackling sound, and a mass of blue energy formed above the bar, a figure dropping down onto the surface. He was dressed in a familiar uniform, clutching a briefcase to his chest.

     "Jesus!" Allison exclaimed, stumbling back a step.

     Klaus leant forward, "You guys, am I still high, or do you see him too?"

     Carla's face split into a grin, relief flooding through her at the sight of the boy, however, it turned into a frown when he fell off the bartop, clearly dazed and exhausted.

     "Jesus, Five, where have you been?" Luther asked as he helped the teen up.

     However, Five just said one word, "Carla."

     "What?" Luther asked.

     "Where's Carla?"

     "I'm here," she said, getting off the sofa and looking at him in concern, "Are you okay?"

     His gaze landed on her, and he let out a visible sigh of relief, as Allison and Luther supported each of his arms.

     He opened his mouth to say something, but Luther cut him off, "Who did this to you?"

      Five's attention snapped to him, "Irrelevant."

     He took Allison's coffee, staggering past the group of weary siblings and taking a long drink, before wincing in disgust, and turning around to face them all, "So, the apocalypse is in three days. The only chance we have to save this world is, well, us."

     "The Umbrella Academy," Luther said.

     Five shot him a look, "Yeah, but with me, obviously. So if you all don't get your sideshow acts together and get over yourselves, we're screwed! Who cares if Dad messed us up? Are we gonna let that define us?"

     From next to her, Carla saw Klaus shake his head.

     Five looked at them all in turn, "No. But to give us a fighting chance to see next week, I've come back with a lead." He showed them all a scrap piece of paper, "I know who's responsible for the apocalypse."

     Allison took the piece of paper, looking at the name, "Harold Jenkins?"

     Diego looked up at Five, "Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?"

     Carla swallowed thickly, "My cousin."