III

WHILE WAITING FOR LUTHER AND ALLISON TO RETURN, Carla, Diego and Klaus shared a box of popcorn and a bowl of cheese fries.

     Allison was the first to come back, the three others pretending not to see her tear-stained cheeks, and she went to grab her leather jacket, tugging it on.

     Then, Luther marched in, "Right, where's Five?"

     "Gone," Diego said simply.

     "Oh for the love of-" Luther let out a sigh, "Where'd he go?"

     Diego shrugged, "Didn't tell us."

     "Well, we're not waiting around for him," Luther said, "The concert starts in thirty minutes."

     "Alright," Diego looked Luther in the eyes, "So, what's the plan?"

     "Well, I think that, uh," he swallowed, "We go to the Icarus Theatre."

     Diego folded his arms over his chest, "That's a location, not a plan."

     Luther swallowed.

     "What?" Diego took a step forward, "Is that all you've got? Look, you wanna be Number One, fine, but you're gonna have to get us on the same page, because right now, we're all over the place."

     Luther paused, before saying, "You're right. We need a plan."

     Carla and Klaus exchanged a glance, eyebrows raised, lips pursed. She opened her mouth to tell him something, before her gaze slid to the entrance.

     Several masked figures were coming through the doors, with what looked like gas masks on their faces, and guns in their hands.

     There was a split second where Carla felt horror fill her body, then the sound of gunfire filled her eardrums, mingled with screams and shouts, and all of a sudden she was getting pushed to the floor by Klaus.

     Her back was pressed against one of the tables, Klaus on one side, Allison next to him. She looked around in alarm, watching as glass shattered and a bullet skimmed the chair in front of them.

     "Who the hell are these guys?" Diego yelled.

     Klaus had his hands pressed over his ears, "Maybe they're here for Kenny's birthday!"

     A bowling ball shattered right by Carla's head and she screamed, curling into herself.

     "I'm pretty sure they're here for us!" Luther called back.

     Diego got to his feet, hurling a knife and hitting one of the figures in the chest, sending them reeling back into a jukebox of some sorts.

     All of a sudden, the lights went out, only coloured spotlights providing any sort of light, and music started blaring, 'Saturday Night'.

     Luther grabbed a bowling ball, throwing it a group of gunmen, and knocking them out one by one, while Klaus grabbed a cake, tossing it at more of them. Taking a deep breath, Carla tried to assess her options.

     She couldn't use her powers, she knew that much, because she could only cause harm being close, and that wasn't a possibility when guns were involved. She would have several bullet holes in her before she got close enough to touch them.

     "They're blocking the exit!" Klaus yelled.

     Meanwhile, Allison was hitting Klaus's arm, desperate to get his attention.

     "So what's the plan?" Diego replied.

      Carla followed Allison's line of vision, down the bowling alleys, and she yelled, "The lanes!"