2: The Pack; 'Its in your blood'

I helped Luke clean up the broken glass as Ant Mandy finished making us breakfast.

" Ok guys! Breakfast is served!"

I walked in and sate next to Jay who was sipping from a mug of coffee, reading the newspaper.

" I wouldn't have thought of you as someone who reads the newspaper?" I laughed.

He looked at me and smiled, there was something in his eyes...I just couldn't put my finger on it...some kind of emotion.

" There you go babe," Mandy set a mound of pancakes and bacon down in front of me.

" Thank you," I said as I waited for everone to get there food before I took a bite.

" Umm, this is so good." I moaned.

" When's the last time you had some of my famous pancakes? Christmas? "

" I think so, I'm just happy to have a warm meal..." I felt the room's temperature drop from there staring eyes. Oops.

" Hazel, honey, what happened to you? "

I set my fork down on the table, swallowing the lump in my throat; no longer feeling the hunger I was earlier. I knew I was going to have to talk to them about what happened, I just hoped that it could wait a little longer.

" It was New Years, I was driving back home to my apartment right outside of town. Rachel called me and said she was throwing a last-minute party, and that I should come down to the bar. So I turned around and started heading for the bar.

It was dark and I had just walked rounded the corner after parking, when I was jumped from behind. There was three of them, it was dark so I couldn't see there faces, one of them was taking my dress off w'ill the others tryed keeping me quite. " I didn't notice I was crying until Jay stiffened, he grabbed my hand and wiped my cheeks clean with his thumb.

" I screamed, and screamed and screamed. But no one came, so they keep going, kicking me and beating me, there was so much blood, but then they were gone. And everything went dark, I thought I was dead. I woke up in a car, my head laying in someone's lap. Declan's. I was so scared, I thought he was the one who tried to rape me. But he was the one who saved my life.

He was so nice to me, he treated me like a princess, I was his princess, he would tell me. He gave me space and time to get used to my new body. He taught me how to be a good werewolf, and I became part of the pack. He loved me, and I started to love him back, until about three months ago.

He started getting more possessive about who I was spending time with. If I was not with him, and if I was not giving him my undivided attention, he would get aggressive. It got to the point where he would pin me up against the wall and bang my head in because I talked to my friend Tommy about mates." I looked up when I heard Jay growl low and hard in his chest. Ant Mandy was crying silently, Luke rubbing her back soothingly.

I continued.

"He told me I was never to ask about mates again and not to even think about it, I heard that he killed Tommy that night...ever since then I had been trying to get out. " I looked up as Mandy rushed up out of her chair and engulfed me in a hug,

" I'm so sorry this happened to you Hazel, " she cried into my shoulder.

" Its ok, I'm fine now." I said wiping my cheeks with the back of my hand.

" Ok I'm done talking about me and the past, since when are you a werewolf?!" I asked giggling. She went back to her seat and wiped her cheeks clean of tears, smiling.