Grandpa Garp

The next month was a hard one. From the moment Luffy woke up he was forced to go through painful training. Many of the other recruits were sent to the infirmary and some had to leave the marines due to serious injuries.

     Rudolph didn't leave him alone either, during the time that was meant to be spent with leisure, Rudolph swiped Luffy away and put him through training harsher than the regular training. Luffy's body ached all the time and it felt like true hell. But at the end of the month, there were results. His body had never been stronger and on his test he was the top recruit.

     The day after the tests, all the recruits were gathered into the hall. Many were told they had failed the test and would have to wait another month. Some were promoted to the rank of Seaman Apprentice. A select few, including Luffy, were given the title of Seaman First Class.

     After the promotion ceremony the Apprentices were led into a side room where they would be seperated into groups and assigned Lieutenants to train under, not being allowed to go to sea yet.

     The Seamen First Class remained in the hall while several Captains were called in. Unlike Apprentices, Seamen First Class could travel out to sea. The First Classers were divided into groups and assigned Captains. After it all the only First Classer left was Luffy.

     The Vice Admirals in-charge of the ceremony communed amongst themselves for a moment and then turned to talk to Luffy.

     " Seaman First Class Monkey D. Luffy, it seems that you will not be heading out to sea," said the Vice Admiral.

     There was silence and Luffy thought to himself that it wasn't fair, he had gotten the top score on the test. He was about yell at them for not letting him go to sea when a familiar face walked in the room.

     " Don't be down Luffy, you're gonna spend some time training under me!" exclaimed Vice Admiral Garp.

     Vice Admiral Monkey D. Garp was a tall and burly man with grayed hair and a grayed beard. He wore a clean white suit over blue shirt and a turquoise tie. With his Marine jacket draped around his shoulders, he stood proudly as he looked over his grandson, a Marine, just like he always wanted.

     " Grandpa!? It's been so long!" shouted Luffy.

     " Too long Luffy!"

     Then all of a sudden Garp puched Luffy as hard as he could in his face. He sent Luffy flying across the room so hard that when Luffy hit the wall he went right through it.

     " You're not as strong as you should be Luffy!"

     Luffy popped his head trough the hole and soared across the room, throwing as many punches as he could toward his Gradpa.

     " EAT IT YOU OLD FART!"

     Garp kicked Luffy across the room and into a statue of Fleet Admiral Sengoku. As Pieces of the statue crumbled onto the floor, Luffy arose from the rubble and threw pieces of it at his grandpa. While Garp was busy deflecing the stones, Luffy took the opportunity to kick him in the face, knocking him to the ground.

     " I guess you're not as much of a weak brat as I thought you were! But you're not strong enough, so I'll be training you on a special regiment and when your done you will get a big promotion. If you're too chicken and would rather go on a ship and do some cleaning then you're welcome to."

     " NO WAY, I'LL SHOW YOU HOW STRONG I AM AND SHUT YOU UP!"

     With that Luffy packed up his things and boarded his Grandpa's ship on its way to a special military base in East Blue.