Alvida's Pirates

During the long Journey many things happened. Luffy celebrated his 17th birthday, the two trained together, and Luffy gained first hand experience fighting pirates on several islands of the Grand Line.

     The ship was only a day's travel to their destination, Shell Town, when they ran into a group of weak pirates, the Alvida Pirates.

     " Hey, is that a pirate ship over there?" asked Luffy, standing next to his Grandpa at the head of the battleship.

     " Yup, the Alvida Pirates, their not very famous and probably weak, just leave them be, we have a schedule to meet." replied Garp.

     " No way, if they're pirates then let me at 'em, I wanna feel their jaws break against my knuckle!" exclaimed Luffy.

     "Fine! Do what you want but I'm not gonna spare any of my men for you to go and play your little game. And I don't want you wrecking any of my dinghies so you'll have to swim to it."

     " WHAT?"

     And with that Garp pushed Luffy off the ship. He angrily swam over to the pirate ship, having to fend off a sea king on the way. Eventually he reached the ship and managed to climb up it and land on the deck, exhausted. He looked around and saw dozens of pirates glaring at him fiercely.

     " By order of the Marines I'm gonna beat up all of you pirates!" yelled Luffy.

     He began beating down pirate after pirate until there were none left standing. Pools of blood covered the deck and the whines of suffering pirates filled the air.

     " Maybe I went a little too hard," said Luffy.

     " What the heck was that, what happened to all of my men!?" screamed a deep raspy voice.

     Luffy looked over his shoulder to see a fat, pasty woman wearing a pirate hat and carrying a large iron mace. Behind her was a quivering boy with circled glasses and pink hair.

     " If you're the captain of this pirate crew then I'll give you two options, let me beat you down and take you to jail or come with me to jail peacefully," said Luffy.

     The woman began to laugh ferociously and then pounced on Luffy, thrashing her iron-mace about at a rapid pace.

     " Who do you think you are? Do you know who I am? I'm Iron-Mace Alvida, captain of the Alvida Pirates and the fairest lady throughout all the seas!"

     " How are you a lady?"

     Luffy's outburst spurred unimaginable anger inside Alvida who became consumed with rage. She continued to flail about, destroying even her own ship and injuring her already unconscious crew members.

     " Anyway, your wanted poster says you only have a bounty of 5 million Beli, that kind of bounty isn't even worth talking about, I'm surprised the local marines haven't dealt with you yet, your pathetic!"

     Luffy smashed her face in with a rapid punch. Her body was sent flying into her own quarters, the entire ship had been demolished. Alvida and her entire crew, excluding the pink haired boy, were unconscious.

     " So what about you?" asked Luffy, turning to face the pink haired boy, " Are you a member of the Alvida pirates?"

     "Oh no sir! I am Coby and I was taken prisoner by Lady Alvida, I never wanted to be a pirate. All my life I've dreamed of becoming a marine."

     " Well it's your lucky day, I'm a marine Seaman First Class. I am currently a member of the crew of a Vice Admiral and we are on our way to a nearby naval base."

     Coby's face lit up with joy as he found that his dreams were finally coming true. Not only was he freed from Alvida's tyranny but he was given an offer to join the marines.

     " I would love to come with you, thank you so much!"

     " Don't metion it kid, but can you swim?"

     " A little, but not very well."

     " Then we have a little problem," said Luffy

     Luffy looked at both the boy and Alvida. He knew he would not be able to carry both of them while swimming back to his Grandpa's ship which was getting farther and farther away. He made a choice that he knew Garp would not approve of.

     " Never mind the problem, " remarked Luffy, " Hop on my back."

     Luffy then swam a great distance with Coby on his back to reach his Grandpa's ship. When he finally made it he couldn't breathe.

     " You let the pirate get away 'eh? Well I don't really care," said Garp. He then punched Luffy across the ship.

     " But how dare you recruit a marine without my approval, don't forget that no matter how strong you are, you're still just a Seaman First Class!" yelled Garp.

     Things went well though. Garp made Coby an honorary chore boy and had him clean up the ship. But Coby was happy, he might be just a chore boy, but at least he was a marine.

     As time passed by, the crew finally saw land. They had reached their destination, the naval base at Shell Town, run by Marine Captain Axe-Hand Morgan.