5. Avengers? Never heard of them.

(A/N: Set after the battle of Camlann - NO death of Arthur 😉 no magic reveal - no knight deaths - Mordred = dead - Morgana = dead? -
Set before age of Ultron .)

Merlin has had his fair share of magical anomalies, coincidences and experiences, What with him being the literal human embodiment of magic and all. It took a lot to surprise Merlin at this point, Dragon attacking the city? Been there. Immortal army trying to take over Camelot? Done that. This, however, did make Merlin raise a brow.

Arthur was sick of it. Sorcery was tearing holes in his life, left, right and centre. While he had come to the conclusion that it couldn't be evil because if it were, that sorcerer would not have helped to win the battle. He'd remembered what the old sorceress who'd helped Guinevere had said, "There is no evil in sorcery, only the hearts of men." That couldn't stop him from hating the evil sorcerers, and that was what he was sick of. Sorcery being used for evil, how were people supposed to see the good in magic when sorcerers did things like this.

***

"I will... have my revenge." Morgana choked out after Merlin ran her through with Excalibur.

"God, Merlin, I didn't think you had it in you." Arthur exclaimed, bewildered. Merlin gave no answer, he only fell to his knees, choking back a sob. That's when Arthur realised that Merlin didn't have it in him, not really, he only did it to save him.
"I'm sorry." Merlin whispered to the still form of Morgana, 'It's my fault you were so full of hatred. It's my fault you came to this end. I'm sorry.' He thought to himself, Arthur manoeuvred himself from his spot against a rock.
Morgana had flung him there and he'd been knocked out, he'd only just awoken to see Merlin kill a shocked Morgana who'd had her hand raised in Arthur's direction.
He pulled Merlin into a hug, silently thanking him for saving his life. He could feel Merlin sobbing, Morgana used to be a dear friend to all of them; It couldn't have been easy to kill her, Arthur knew this and did his best to comfort his best friend. They didn't notice the forced whisper coming from the rapidly dying sorceress until it was too late. They were enveloped in a bright gold light as Morgana's last hushed word left her lips, along with the last wisp of her life force.

***

"Director, there's been a major energy spike in a place called Glastonbury in England." The voice of Maria Hill rang out across the control room in the helicarrier .

"Do we have any idea on the source?" Nick Fury questioned, glaring at the screen in front of him.

"No sir, but it's similar to Loki's Sceptre, only stronger." Hill responded, earning a grimace from the one-eyed man in a trench coat.

"Send in the Avengers. We don't have time to send spies, if this has anything to do with Loki then we need to stop it as soon as possible." He ordered and Maria nodded, sending word to Avenger's tower.

***

"No, It cannot be Loki, he is dead. I saw it myself. He died in my arms." Thor argued, despite how much he wished it to be Loki, he knew it could not be. (A/N: pffffft.) The team had gotten a call from Hill, they needed to find (and possibly detain) the cause of a major energy spike. They were currently on the Aven-jet (curtesy of Tony Stark), on their way to England.

"You heard Hill, it's signature is like the sceptre." Natasha Romanov, Black Widow, pointed out.

"'Like' and 'is' are not the same words, Nat." Clint Barton, Hawkeye, cut in from the cockpit, not wanting it to be Loki. Bruce Banner, The Hulk, Who was sat next to Clint, murmured an agreement while Steve Rogers, Captain America, only nodded, seemingly agreeing also.