If It Means A Lot To You

06 August 2018, the dorms

Nancy jumped right behind Yeonwoo, curling both of her arms around the older girl's exposed abdomen. She rested her chin against the vixen's cropped yellow polo shirt before, before cheerily piping "Sooooo~~ are you ready for LA?"

The raven haired-beauty responded with a cold silence, choosing to continue staring blankly at her phone screen.

"Is everything alright?" The short-haired girl loosened her embrace as she shot her senior a worried glance

Yeonwoo chose to shrug the younger girl's chin off her shoulder "Look, it's probably just nothing. And it's not like either of us could really do anything about it" she distractedly reached for her roller bag "Do you have all your things ready?"

"Yeah...one of the managers took my luggage down earlier. Everyone else is already outside waiting for us..." the short-haired girl trailed

"Alright, let's go then" the vixen brushed past the younger girl, as she was heading towards the door

"Dabin..."

"What?" she stopped in her tracks and tried to hold back the growing annoyance she had been feeling

"You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Not now, Nancy..."

"You just said a few days ago that we could talk about it another time. And since we're all alone right now, it doesn't seem like such a bad time to do so?" she pushed back

"We have a flight to catch. Can we not right now?"

"But you said-!"

"It's not like I'd expect you to understand!" the older girl snappily retorted, a glare washing onto her normally cool features

The younger girl could only stare back at her senior incredulously, shooting back with all the sass she could muster "Yeah? Well, try me!"

Yeonwoo let out an ironic huff "As if you, you- the ever so perfect and super-talented Nancy Jewel McDonie could ever understand. With your perfect family stuck in your perfect little fairytale-like life!" she started off cruelly, but she did not relent "Not everyone can have the most amazing parents in the world, Nancy." She released her bag's handle to openly gesture in the air "Do you know how shitty it is to have a deadbeat dad who's so enamored with following his dreams that he forgets to put food on the damn table? Do you really buy the shit I say to the media about just eating an egg and a glass of milk because I wanted to lose weight? Grandma had to step up just for us to survive." Her anger was seething through her teeth "Do you know what it's like to starve because you don't have a choice? What do you know about that kind of hardship?"

Nancy felt her heart pounding so loudly she swore the beating had resounded all the way to her ears. "That..." she croaked "That's not fair-"