Chapter Thirteen: The Unusual Classes

The children explored for the rest of the weekend, and knew even the seven secret passages of the ancient school. How they found it? Well that's a story for another time.

There were a hundred and forty-two staircases at Hogwarts: wide, sweeping ones; narrow, rickety ones; some that led somewhere different on a Friday; some with a vanishing step halfway up that you had to remember to jump. Then there were doors that wouldn't open unless you asked politely, or tickled them in exactly the right place, and doors that weren't really doors at all, but solid walls just pretending. It was also very hard to remember where anything was, because it all seemed to move around a lot. The people in the portraits kept going to visit each other, and they were sure the coats of armour could walk.

Camellia woke up earlier than usual, and looked out of her window, stroking Isolt's fur, calming her nerves. What should she do if she wasn't cut out at being a witch after all?? She revised all of her books once more, remembering every last detail of it, before the rest started waking up, getting ready for classes. They changed into their robes, wearing their green ties and  proudly. They entered the dining hall and started their breakfast as they did for the past two days. Camellia took a look at her timetable one final time, and announced it to her friends.

"We have, Herbology, Charms, Potions and Transfiguration. Thankfully, the only subject we have with the Gryffindors today is Potions, and Uncle Sev is in charge of that, so that's a relief." The rest groaned, finished off their food, picking on the last of the crumbs, reluctant to leave it. 

"Shall we go then? We've got thirty more minutes, but it's at the green house, and we don't have our books, so I wouldn't be surprised if it took us that much time." Neville said. His family was good at Herbology, Potions and History. Draco at Flying, Potions and Transfiguration, Ron at DADA, Potions and Flying, Camellia at nearly everything, similarly to her father. Though Potions, Transfiguration and Charms seemed to kick in with her instincts.

They went back to their dorms, slung their books into a bag over their shoulders and headed off.

"Your first lesson today, is on the Devil's Snare.  Now, remember. Devil's Snare, Devil's Snare. It's deadly fun, but will sulk in the sun! That'll do you great good one day. Now, because we will be touching these plants, we first need to learn a charm. A fire charm."

Camellia and Draco passed notes around with Neville and Ron, only to be stopped a few seconds later by Professor Sprout.

"Name?"

"Camellia Riddle miss."

"Well miss Riddle, I assume you know how to do the charm if you're not listening?" 

"Yes miss."

"Well then, show the class."

"Incendio minimo" She pointed her wand up, after doing the correct movements. A small flame lit at the tip of her wand, similarly to a Bunsen burner.

"Well done miss Riddle. Ten points to Slytherin!" Camellia smirked.

"What miss Riddle did just there, was to put a modifier at the end of a spell to make it either larger, more dangerous or, in this case, smaller and less effective. Maxima for large, Minimo for small. Everyone, practice this. Do not do incendio Maxima,or else you'll burn the entire green house down!"

The children tried to do what Camellia had done, but only a wisp would appear, unlike her strong steady flames. Draco managed it for a few seconds, before it grew larger, to a normal incendio, into Ron's face.

Neville accompanied him to the hospital wing. . .

They had potions next, with the Gryffindor's, if I may add. Camellia looked at Harry with longing eyes, but turned away and sat on the opposite side of the room to her twin brother.