Chapter Eighteen: True Friendship

Camellia, Draco, Ron and Neville walked as quickly as they could, not to make a sound which may alert the troll, who have very keen ears. They entered the girls bathroom for first years, a look of disgust passing the boy's faces.

Meanwhile, Hermione finally decided to stop moping about what Seamus had said to her, and stopped crying. She left the toilet and was going to wash her face when she felt something giant looming over her. She looked up to find a giant troll, green skin, warts covering it's legs and stomach, his eyes never focused, and what worried her the most: a giant club. The club itself was as large as she was. She slowly backed to the wall, when the troll swung the club and destroyed half the sinks.

Hermione screamed. The others heard the scream and ran to her, all holding their wands up. Hermione was sitting in the corner, her arms around her head. Camellia pointed her wand at the troll.

She thought about making him stiff like a board. Then thought of the damage if he fell on Hermione. Then she thought of stupefying him, that caused too much trouble too. She noticed the club in the big lump's hand and smirked.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" The club floated higher and higher, and as the troll looked around, confused. Camellia let her control on the spell go, watching as it plummeted directly on the troll's bare head. The troll fell in a direction where they were safe, as Camellia calculated where to hit, to avoid any injuries.

The troll lost focus, but it was still far from its unconscious state.

Camellia sighed, and decided to try a spell she learnt from Severus.

"Sectumsempra!"

The troll's skin was cut to pieces, and the troll slowly lost itself into darkness, it's blood slowly seeping through its wounds. Hermione nearly fainted, but stopped herself from doing so.

She looked up, this time look at Camellia properly. A silverish green aura around her, as she stood proudly in the middle of the broken bathroom.

Camellia opened her arms wide, and Hermione jumped into them, sobbing once more. She instructed the boys to float the unconscious troll outside to the corridors, and she fixed the broken bathroom with a simple Repairo.

The teachers arrived to a scene, where three boys were floating a mountain troll, a girl was fixing a massive destruction sight, and another girl crying in her arms.

"What happened! Miss Riddle!??" McGonagall demanded.

"Well you see miss. Earlier today, Hermione was being bullied by a few male students in her house, for helping them with a simple spell. She was hurt very much, and I told the boys off. Though I was very much worried when I heard that she had shut herself in the bathroom, and even more so when I heard that a troll was released in Hogwarts. So we rushed to the scene, where Hermione was being attacked, and I floated the troll's club, knocked it out, and let the boys float the body, then I repaired the scene."

"What were you thinking!? What if the troll had fainted on top of miss Granger!?"

"It's fine miss. I calculated it so that it won't."

"First years defeating a mountain troll!! Now that's a tale to tell!" Professor Flitwick squeaked.

"Ah, Professor Quirrell. Are you feeling better? and professor Dumbledore, I was wondering, but how on earth was this troll able to get onto the school grounds? I have read that Hogwarts is one of the world's safest havens." Camellia asked one guilty looking man, and an old geezer.

"Doing q-quite w-well Mi-miss R-r-rid-d-dle!" The annoying Defence against the dark arts teacher answered with a stutter.

"Oh thank goodness. Though I do wonder? I thought you defeated a mountain troll before? You see, I remember your lessons really well! They are so interesting, and so believable!" She said semi-sarcastically.

"Now, you needn't blame Professor Quirrell. It wasn't his fault. He hasn't met a troll in ages!"

"I'd say it's really yours for not pulling up the barriers around the school properly." She mumbled.

"What was that miss Riddle?" Albus asked extremely sweetly.

"Oh nothing sir. Nothing at all."

"Well, for your act of bravery and show of knowledge and use of recent lesson's spells. Each student shall be awarded ten points, though five will be lost from Slytherin for your cheek. I heard what you said Riddle." McGonagall said. Camellia didn't mind. They had gained thirty five points overall anyway.

"You shall also serve me for detention together with Potter who comes to my classroom at ten pm every night, though you only need one night." Camellia almost complained, though by the look on Albus' face, it could've been much worse. Besides, she could meet Harry.

"Yes miss."

"But Professor! This isn't fair! She saved me! Knocked out a troll, repaired the damages and stood up for me, yet she got points deducted, and a detention!?"

"Hmm. I see your point miss Granger. Are the fellow professor's with me when I say an extra ten points should be awarded for Camellia Riddle's behaviour and act of heroism?" Professor Sprout, Flitwick and Snape raised their hand. Albus and Quirrell the only ones not to.

"Though you will come to detention with me." She said firmly.

"Of course professor. I'll even be there five minutes early." She smiled.

They silenced when they heard a few footsteps echoing in the corridor.

"I told you that if we find the troll and defeat it, we'll get house points!"

"Really?" Camellia watched Albus as she heard Harry's voice reply. His eyes turned gold. That must be the result of using the Imperius Curse!

The two boys came into sight of the teacher's, and the blood drained from their faces.

"What, is this? Mr Potter? Finnegan?" McGonagall asked with her strict voice.

"Um, well, you see miss..."

"They must've been worried about me as well professor!" Hermione saved.

"Y-yes! We were worried because she wasn't there at dinner." Seamus improvised.

"Really?" Camellia said. Though it was good of Hermione to try and save Harry and Seamus, more than half the teachers had heard what the two said. She'll lose points if she tried to lie even more.

"Yeah really." He sneered.

"Then why is it that she was in the bathroom in the first place? Perhaps are you here to apologise? Or have you forgotten why she was crying?"
If Albus had any pride, Harry wouldn't apologise, considering how Albus would have to control Harry into saying sorry to a girl. Meaning he would have to say sorry to someone one hundred years his junior.

"Sorry Hermione for earlier..." Seamus apologised.

"Harry?" She urged.

"S-sor-ry Hermione..." He pushed out.

"Apology accepted. Well, I'm just thankful that I'm not dead, or worse, expelled!" Camellia grinned at the girl who mirrored the smirk, and they were all sent off to bed.

That was when their friendship started. A friendship of the best between Hermione Jean Granger and Camellia Lily Riddle.