Melony's #GirlsiesUnite

This is NewsiesOfNewYork1899 's #GirlsiesUnite! Let's welcome her to the family, ladies!

1) Who's Your Newsboy?
Ike

2) What Do You Like About Him?
I like him because he's super sweet and knows when I'm sad and tries to cheer me up.

3) What Does He Like About You?
Ike- Ise like Melony 'cause even though da fellas make fun of her, she brushes it off. When eyes out sellin', it's always a competition. Melony always wins, though, but, Ise still love her!

4) How Did You Meet?
We met when I joined the Newsies. They all made fun of me at first for being a girl, but I grew on them. Ike was nice enough to welcome me and show me around. He made sure my bunk was right next to his. He held my hand all night long my first few days there.

5) How Long Have You Been Together?
We've known each other for 3 years. Two out of those 3 years, we were just friends. He finally said he loved me when we got into a fight.

It was during the strike and I pushed him out of the way to be I'm the front for the picture. Sure, when it came out, we could have been worried about Jack and Crutchie, but he was mad at me.

All the Newsies were watching, then he got so mad, he said he loved me. He came up and just kissed me. The Newsies turned so quick, you would have thought they heard Brooklyn.

6) Couple Song?
Our song is "This Kiss" by Faith Hill

7) Future Plans?
Ike always heard Jack talk about Santa Fe. He wants to go out West, then we can start our own family.

8) Why Do You #GirlsiesUnite?
I Girlsies because we need to show that girls can do whatever guys can. We're just as strong and independent as them!

Thank you, Melony, for your #GirlsiesUnite!

I still can't believe that family has grown this much. There's 5 newsboys left, so grab them while you still can!

Stay gold, Girlsies!