Last Day of School

I swept my bag over my shoulder and hurried out of the car quickly. The car filled with the best trash Derry could form together. The four boys I hate to even call acquaintances, and even worse one of them is blood related. Henry is my big brother by one year. He's different to say the least. Growing up with him is difficult. It has been ever since mom left and dad started drinking a whole lot more than he should. He hurt Henry on a regular basis. He's never been physically abusive to me, but it doesn't mean he isn't abusive at all. He plays mind games with me. He'll manipulate me into doing the things he finds fit and then brushes me away as if his daughter means nothing to him. Which it doesn't.

Victor is nice, quite, and he can be a little annoying, but one of the better out of the four. Belch is the nicest one. He's like the big teddy bear who would protect me if I ever got into trouble, but it still doesn't change the fact of what he does is wrong.

Then lastly comes Patrick. He's dangerous to say the very least. He's always avoided me. Well physical contact at least. He'll speak to me briefly, but once when my fingertips brushed over his knee as I was getting into the car, he freaked out. Viciously rubbing away anything I would've left behind. Ever since the slight brush of contact he does his very best to avoid touching me.

I look over my shoulder seeing my brother hop out trying to look like a hardass. I roll my eyes turning back to the front and going inside the building. I waste no time going to my class and seeing my friends all piled up in their seats. I walk over setting my bag on the floor and taking my seat next to Richie Tozier. "Hello, hello, hello beauty. Where's your beast? I'll fill the spot if it's empty!" He speaks in an accent and leans on me. I push him off laughing. "Empty and it's staying empty." "Y-Yeah. Can you even think of what would happen if B-Bowers found out you w-w-were with anyone?" Bill says knowing my brother would beat any boy to a bloody pulp for treating me with any more than friendly eyes.

"You should come to the quarry with us today (Y/n)!" I roll my eyes at the comment. "I've been trying to go with you guys for the past year. I don't think it's going to happen." Bill huffs and goes to sit in his seat. I feel really bad for blowing them off so many times, but it's not like I can say I'm going out with the group my brother hates. He'd surely kill me!

Class goes on as usual, right up until Patrick strolls in late. "Ah Mr.  Hockstetter. 30 minutes late. A new record, even on the last day of class. Please take your seat." The teacher says to him, not asking for a hall pass because it would be pointless. He looks at me and sits down beside me where he was placed.

I feel his dark eyes drifting over my body. The slight sting of the pupils causing beads of sweat to magically appear. I turn to my right to see him staring at me. "What is it?" He smirks seeing my noticeable nervousness. "We're all going camping tonight. So Henry said you'd want to stay somewhere else. Or you could go with us, but that's not happening." I look at him bewildered. "And why not? I can go if I want." Patrick rolls his eyes and laughs mumbling something I cannot make out.

I turn to Bill to my left and wink at him. He smiles knowing I'll be sneaking out after school to see my friends.

The day continues on normally up until I prance outside to see the thunderbird pulling away. "Wait! Henry! What the fuck!" I catch Belch's attention and he looks confused as ever. Henry points forward, but Belch declines. "Henry what the hell? Are you trying to leave me stranded?" He looks at me with blank eyes. "Think twice before talking with those losers. You can walk home." Belch looks at me apologetically and slowly pulls off at Henry's orders.

I walk over to Stan who is walking alongside the other boys. "Hey there guys." they all turn to me in shock. "Whoa! (y/n) Bowers actually going to have some fun for a change?" "Shut up Richie!" "We're all really glad you're here (y/n). You can meet Ben!" Eddie says as he motions to a little fat boy.

I smile and stick my hand out for him. "Hi, my name's (y/n) Bowers." At the mention of my last name he backs away slowly. "S-she wont hu-urt us Ben. She's the n-nice one." Ben physically lets down his brick wall and shakes my hand. "I'm sorry. Henry just really scares me. I had a run in with him last week." Ben pulls up his shirt allowing me to view the H carved into his skin. The wound scabby and red. My eyes stare longer than they should.

I look up to meet Ben's eyes with mine full of sorrow. "I'm so sorry Ben. I do know he did get punished for losing his knife. I guess this was around the same time. I wish I could've stopped him." Ben shrugs pulling his shirt down. "It's fine. You don't have to apologize. I'm just glad there's a Bowers out here who doesn't hate us." We all laugh at Ben's sad by truthful statement.

As we make our way to the Quarry an omnibus feeling consumes me. I look down at the storm drain as we pass and for a second I think I see something or maybe even someone, but when I look closer nothing is there. Damn mind tricks.

I look over the edge at the quarry and feel myself sink with fear. "Who wants to go first?" Richie asks looking over as well. I back up letting the boys handle it. "Are you not going to jump in (Y/N)?" Stan asks looking over at me. "Um, I think I'll just sit up here and tan. I need it anyway and-" "I'll go!" another voice rips through the statement I was making. I turn to see a girl with short red hair and a pretty smile. She strips of her dress and runs off the edge without thought.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" Richie screams as he watches her plummet into the water. "We just got shown up by a girl!" I smirk and whip my dress over my head as well. "Make that two girls!" I laugh as I jump off the edge and into the water.

Once I resurface I face the girl. "Hi." She laughs. "Hey." "Nice way to meet, I'm (Y/n) by the way." "Beverly Marsh." She smiles sweetly. Beverly Marsh. I've heard that name before. She's the young girl every other girl calls the school slut. Especially Getta. But by the looks of it she's no more than an average girl. A girl like me.
The boys jump in with the help of Richie. Each of them screaming as they make their way down. We spend the day just laughing and spending time with each other. Enjoying the company of the lovely bond we all hold.

We all sit upon the top of the rocks just enjoying the sun. "Schools out for summer!" Richie screams in an accent munching on some snack from Ben's bag. He pulls out a folder opening it. "What's with the history project?" I sit up and move to view the folder. "Oh well, when I first moved here, I really didn't have anyone to hang out with so I just started spending time in the library." "You went to the library? On purpose?" Richie asks in shock. I look over the words spalling the paper. "What's the Black Spot?" "The Black Spot was a nightclub that was burned down years ago by that racist cult." I explain knowing my brothers horrible agreement with the action. "The what?" "Don't you watch Geraldo?"

"Why's it all murders and missing kids?" I ask looking at the many article of the new prints. "Derry's not like any town I've ever been in before. They did a study once... it turns out people die or disappear six times the national average." I look over feeling the chills reach the back of my neck.
"Not just grown-ups. Kids are like worse way, way worse. I've got more stuff, if you want to see it."
---

We all walk up the stairs to Ben's room. Have to say I'm a little excited! This is the first time in a long time I've been able to see and hang out with my friends. Ben opens his door revealing the wall full of posted new prints of Derry. "Woah, woah, woah, wow!" Richie says looking around. "Cool, huh?" Ben asks smiling. "No, nothing cool. There's nothing cool. Well this is cool, wait, no it's not." Richie says viewing more things around the room. I elbow him sharply. "Beep Beep Richie."

"What's that?" I ask looking at a long page on the wall. "That? That's the charter for Derry Township."
"Nerd alert." I turn to Richie with threatening eyes. "Do I have to hit you again?" Richie slide away from me with his hands up in surrender.
"Actually, it's really interesting. Derry started as a beaver trapping camp. Ninety-one people signed
the charter that made Derry, But later that winter, they all disappeared without a trace." Ben explains bringing the chills up my spine.

"The entire camp?" "There were rumors of Indians...but no sign of an attack. Everyone thought it was
a plague or something. But it's like... one day everybody just woke up and left. The only clue was a trail of clothes leading to the well-house." my eyes scan over the drawn page upon the wall when everyone signed the charter. It looks just the same as any other, everything is similar besides one person. One person in the corner with a menacing smile and a large head, and a evil set of eyes. The more I stare at it the creepier it gets. I could've sworn I saw it move.