01

01 : THE THIRD STRIKE

"You son of a bitch!" She cried before throwing yet another picture frame, a picture of them hugging tightly with the sunset behind their back. Such a cliché. Taking a picture with the perfect scenery as the background.

"Here's to the first time!" She had glued an image of him on the wall. Making it as a target for her to throw things at. She threw a wine bottle, letting the non-alcohol spilling across the white tiles.

She let out another yell, "second time!" Throwing what seemed to be a vase- given by him. "Third time!" She threw a wooden chair against the wall in attempt to hit his perfect face.

Pieces of shattered glass, wood and papers surrounded Adam Shane. He did it again, can you believe it. He said he wouldn't but he went out and hook up with another skank he found in some club. What's the point in relationships if both sides are not putting the same effort? It irritated her. He irritated her. So damn much.

Heidi wiped the tears on her face furiously, out of anger. She could hear her phone vibrating from the kitchen, she stood up from her sitting position on the floor and answered, "hello?" Her voice was calm, man she was good in covering her emotions.

"Hey Di, are you okay?" She replied she was, "cause I heard Adam kinda..." Her knuckles were white by now, and her breathings became heavy.

"I'm fine."

She restrained herself from throwing her phone across the apartment and began to walk around in circles, a futile attempt in calming her down. The sound of the lock clicking caught her attention, it must be him.

And sure it was. Came in her beloved Adam Shane. God, how he disgusts her. When he saw the environment to their shared apartment, he instantly dropped everything in his hands and yelled out a 'what the hell' very loudly. Heidi ignored him though. She just walked out the door, without even acknowledging his presence.

She was striding in the hallway, making her way to the elevator, "what the hell is wrong with you?!" That made her stop dead on her tracks. She whirled around, a bewildered expression on her face.

"Me?" Her voice was a bit high pitched. "What is wrong with me?" She seriously wanted the living crap out of him. He was asking what was wrong with her? The problem was him.

"You cheated!" She walked back to him. On her way, she continued to yell out every single problem they had: he cheated, he was never committed, he never treated her right. Everything. "You think I wouldn't know? I found out, Adam. And not just from other people, your own skank told me!" His eyes went wide.

"What?" A whisper came out.

"Yes, Adam. I know you cheated. You cheated on me three.times."

With that she walked out on him, making her way to the local park.

~

He was quietly humming for his own ears, enjoying his coffee in a to-go-cup. The sky was azure with specks of fluff here and there, the sun was high up above, showing of its wonder in radiating heat.

He wondered how she was doing. It's been a few days since he visited her. He called her numerous times, yes, but as time passed by, he didn't want to look like he was interrupting her moments with her boyfriend, who was obviously a jerk.

He called her that morning, only because he heard something not surprising about Adam Shane: he cheated. Again. Obviously she wasn't fine about it, no matter how hard she tried to mask her emotions, he could still hear pain flowing out with her voice. What on Earth did she see inside him that made her stay with him? He couldn't figure the reason to that. Right now, his mission was to comfort his best friend.

So he went to her (and Adam's) apartment.

The door was strangely not shut tight. He cautiously looked around the long empty hallway, afraid an unwanted guest to think he was robbing or something.

He tiptoed in, wasn't at all surprised to see the apartment was a mess. He chuckled half-heartedly at the thought. Heidi had that habit of throwing a tantrum when she got mad.

"What are you doing here?" He heard a voice. He turned around and saw the one and only Adam Shane. His expression wasn't too good. He looked angry for some reason.

"I'm just checking on Heidi," he said politely. Adam's reply was the complete opposite.

"Go away. She's not here."

And so he did go away, to somewhere he knew where Heidi would be at.

***

First chapter to my new book, ____!

Hope you liked it.

I'm planning on making it as a short story, cause this story is kinda spontaneous. I was just doing my work when the storyline for this book just came up, so yeah!

Read, vote and comment!

Really appreciate it!

xx

- Black_curls