02

02 : THE PLAN

Heidi was sitting on the biggest rock she could find and watched the lake. She admired every single thing surrounding her. The pink-all shades, lily pads were calmly floating on the water, which was innocently reflecting back the sun's light, the sky was so blue, she didn't see any clouds and the rustling sound of the leaves on the branches touching each other was harmonious to her ears.

Tear stains were still visible on her cheek. She knew Adam was a jerk, but she also thought she could change him, guess she was wrong. He was perfect. He would always treat her right at the beginning, he would always open the door for her at the beginning and he would always smile at her everytime he saw her, at the beginning.

At the beginning.

It was repeating itself in her head. Everything with Adam was amazing at the beginning. She didn't know what changed him...

Suddenly, a sound made her whirl around to see the source. There, setting on the broken twig, was a beaten down Nike shoe. Heidi didn't need to look up and see who it belonged to, those Nikes would only belong to one person, and one person only- Damian. His teeth were gritting and his eyebrows went up. Maybe he was trying to be silent, but then failed. His posture relaxed after realizing that he looked like a shocked mannequin standing in the woods.

Heidi just smiled softly at him.

~

He knew she would be here. He smiled in triumphant when he saw her sitting on the boulder, soaking in her surroundings. He made an attempt to sneak up on her, but then he accidentally stepped on a damn twig. She smiled at him when she saw him and that made him smile back.

"Hey," he greeted slowly when he reached her. She replied with the same word, only with a softer voice. Damian saw her face. He fixed up his big glasses and went to the spot next to her before wrapping both arms around her, embracing her in a comforting hug. She immediately cried her heart out.

At times like this, Damian wouldn't say anything. He would just lay his chin on top of her head and soothe out her long auburn hair. It was one of the things she loved about him. After what seemed like 10 minutes, Heidi pulled away and wiped her tears. "Sorry," she mumbled.

Her eyes were so dead, he didn't like looking at them. What once used to be bright blue orbs, was now pale. Her cheeks were puffy and so were her eyes. Her button nose became red after so many times rubbing it and her lips would quiver every now and then. Damian didn't want to say anything about the matter. He didn't want her to let out another meltdown.

So he just stared at the lake. He stared at the twinkling lights on the water surface. It was a comfortable silence between both of them and he liked it. After a while of staring into nothing, an idea came to his mind and he wasted no time in suggesting it to her.

"How about I take you out?" That made Heidi to widen her eyes and started rambling about it wasn't over between Adam and Heidi and she was sure his cheating was just a mistake. Damian chuckled and cut her off, "not a date. I just want you to take your mind off of him," again she fought back, saying she can't do that to Adam even though he cheated on her, "get dressed and be ready by 8, I'll take you out tonight." And with that he jumped off the boulder and kissed her on the cheek before walking away from the woods, not missing the chance to look behind and see her cheeks showed a tinge of rose. He smirked.

~

He had left her in a daze. Take her out? Where? She couldn't do that to Adam! Was it a date? NO she couldn't! That would be cheating! But he didn't say anything about it being a date, he did say about making her forget about Adam. How? What wad he going to do?

Oh good God, Heidi. He's your friend, chill.

Before she realized, the sun was already setting down the horizon. It was an amazing scenery to see the sun sinking between the two mountains across the horizon. Ruby hue was covering the sky. Surely, it was serene, but she didn't want to risk her life in jungle. Lots of things could happen to a person in night time.

She hopped off the boulder and checked her phone: 6.57PM, no messages, no missed calls. Hmph. She began walking back to the apartment complex.

When she arrived to the apartment, it was still a mess. There was still shattered glass and the chair she threw was still laying on the ground. But she could tell Adam had tried to clean it up though. There were no pieces of paper on the floor, and the sofa she wrecked was neatly arranged now. She walked around the apartment, in search of her boyfriend. There was no sign of him. The thought of he could be out making another 'love' with another girl sickened her and also worried her.

Just when she cane to the conclusion he might be out, clearing his head, Heidi found a note on the kitchen counter. There, written with Adam's handwriting was a message.

I'm sorry.

- A

was all it said. Heidi was confused. He was sorry? By then, she took another look around their apartment and realize that it wasn't theirs anymore, but hers. There wasn't any thing belonged to Adam. How the hell did he pack so fast and move everything in one day?

Heidi shook her head and look at the time, 7.32PM, she still got time. She glanced at the mess she made before passing it and decided to take a shower. Her main goal for the night was to forget about him and that she shall do.

She settled in a simple grey ombré sweater-the colour turning from grey to white, some dark skinny jeans and her black combat boots. Her auburn hair was in contrast to everything she was wearing. She wore a navy blue beanie on top of her head. She looked at herself once more on the mirror before she heard the knocking on the door.

Let's do this, she thought.

She opened the door, revealing a smiling Damian Harris. He wore a nice grey long sleeved sweater- what a coincidence to her outfit, some black jeans and his Nikes. He was also holding to his coat. His glasses were shielding his eyes, but that didn't prevent them from sparkling in the dark.

"Let's go," he grinned before gripping her hand.

***