04

04 : SURPRISE

She was just enjoying her oreo ice-cream when Damian suddenly burst into her apartment. Her. It was nice knowing that. Whilst scooping endless pure delight into her mouth, she was watching The Big Bang Theory. That's when the doorbell rang.

Heidi set her tub of ice-cream on the coffee table and went to the door.

"What are you doing here?" Was the first thing slipped from her mouth. There stood Damian in his grey button up, black jeans and famous Nikes. His hair was down, she observed.

"We're going out," he smiled.

"Again?" She was answered by vigorous nods from him.

"I'll wait for you," she heard him say when she dashed to her room.

~

He sat down and watched the television for a few minutes. He wasn't at all surprised at what she was watching. That girl could quote anything from the show in real events, it kind of scared him off.

"you ate it all?" Stood in front of him was Heidi herself. He must've ate her ice-cream without even realizing. He simply gave her a cheeky smile before grabbing her hand to leave the apartment. He noticed her hair was in a ponytail. He complimented her about that, which led her to blush, which then led him to smile.

~

She hoped what she was wearing was appropriate for their night out, not that she knew what they were about to do, but by looking at his outfit, she felt intimidated that they might go to somewhere fancy or something. She settled on some knee-length dress she saw first, leggings, her combat boots and a denim jacket. She decided to tie her hair, which made her receive Damian's compliment. She hoped he didn't see her blush...

He was still holding her hand. 

She liked it. She squeezed his hand firmly, and let out a grateful sigh. It had been a long time since Damian and her hung out. Ever since she went out with Adam, he sort of back away. Sure, a girl needed some time with her boyfriend, but sometimes she needed the comfort of a best friend. She appreciated his attempt in making her forget about Adam, she really was. If Damian hadn't taken her out from her apartment, imagine what could happen to the apartment! Damian was absolutely the greatest friend ever.

~

Friend.

That's what he was and he knew that, but that didn's stop him from trying to make her feel better. He wanted her to continue living her life without publishing a frown on her face. He felt her gently squeezing his hand, which kind of led to a smiling Damian. The littlest things she could do, and they still made him all giddy inside.

They have reached their destination: The Carnival.

He heard they were holding a carnival in town and he couldn't stand the thought of not going to it. Carnivals were his favourite place of all, and what could be better than spending the night at a carnival with your best friend?

He looked over Heidi and he could she was stunned at his choice of place. After a short moment of surprise, Heidi let out a smile and dragged Damian what looked like towards the Ferris wheel.

"You do know we need to buy some tickets before riding the rides, right?" Damian asked, amused by her enthusiasm. Heidi let out a small laugh before slowly made her way towards the ticket booth. Of course, Damian paid. He insisted. 

~

The view before her was amazing. She could see almost every single features of the carnival from up there. The lights were twinkling, the band was performing, and the people looked like ants. Heidi was completely amazed.