Château Lamartine

The sound of your stilettos echoed from the white marble walls of the huge foyer, just as huge as every part of the high building of Jeon Corporations.

The safety guard granted you a smile and nodded as you showed him your ID card, then you passed the man and walked straight towards the elevators.

After you and Jeon Jungkook, head of the company you now were working for since a few weeks ago, got to know each other during a dinner, both of you had been busy with your jobs and therefore you hadn't met the young man anymore after that one evening.
One week after the meeting, however, a letter had arrived at your working place – the envelope had been the same as the one of the dinner invitation, a silver embossed logo blinking at you from the right upper corner. Your name was written on it by hand, a writing you knew all too well – filigree and elegant, atypical for a man, but you would recognize it everywhere.
Since Jungkook had kissed you, everything about him was embedded in your mind just as your lips still burned from his touch when you thought of him.
In the envelope, you found a job offer.
Although you figured that Jungkook knew how unlikely it was for you to join his company – he was good at figuring a human out, after all – he still sent you a very polite and formal invitation to work for him as a head lawyer.
Of course the salary he offered was higher than what you got at the moment, surely the young man had looked into your records, but what convinced you was the possibility to work next to this interesting businessman.
Although you didn't like to admit it, your interest for him had grown even without any contact. And you figured that if you entered his company, you would be able to find out more about him. He fascinated you.
You called Jungkook's secretary the next day and took the job offer.

When you entered your room, which was huge as well, for the first time, it was difficult to actually feel as if you belonged here. Everything seemed very sterile and brandnew, as if someone had designed the office completely new just for you.
Whereas Jungkook seemed to prefer a more classic style at home, the building of his company probably was one of the most modern ones you had ever seen.
You put the box with your belongings down and carefully sat in the soft leather chair, looking around. Only now did you notice a wine glass and a bottle of wine on the cupboard to your right, and after a few more seconds you grew aware of the pearly white envelope on your desk. Again, your name was written on it in a just too familiar handwriting and you were quick to open it.

Dear Miss Y/N,
I am glad to welcome you to your new job at Jeon Corporations. I hope you find everything to your liking. If you have any questions or problems, please contact me immediately.
Greetings,
Jeon Jungkook, CEO

A tiny smile tucked at your lips. "Please contact you immediately, huh", you murmured to yourself and let the envelope slide into the drawer of your desk.
A knock on the door made you flinch and you looked up. "Yes?", you answered. The door slowly opened and a woman, probably even a few years younger than you, stuck her head in. "Can I enter?", she asked, her voice slightly insecure, and you nodded.
The woman, if not girl, quickly stepped into the room and carefully closed the door behind her. She then turned around and bowed in front of you. "Welcome, Miss Y/N", she greeted. "I am Kim Shi Hye, but you can address me with Shi Hye." She looked up. "I will be your personal assistent from now on. If you have anything to help you with, please ask me for assistance." She bowed again and waited for you to speak.
You stood up and bowed as well, then nodded. "Thank you, Shi Hye", you replied. "I appreciate your support. For now, I think I will organize a bit. I will call for you if I need help." You made sure to look friendly at the young woman. She surely hadn't been her for a long time, and it was even possible this was her first time as an assistant. You didn't want to scare her even more.
Shi Hye looked up and then smiled. It was obvious she was a very friendly person, but she would have to prove to you that she was of any help.
With a sigh, you got up and started unpacking your things and getting them in order. For a lawyer of such a big company, you knew it was important to have everything sorted, or else you would soon drown in all the work.