Cheval Blanc

"Good morning", Shi Hye greeted you cheerfully, arms full with a pile of documents that she carefully loaded onto your desk when you entered your office. You threw the files a short glance while you slipped out of your coat and dropped your handbag onto one of the seats. "Work really never ends", you sighed and sat down behind your desk, "not even on a friday."
Shi Hye smiled at you. "Coffee, Miss Y/N?", she asked, and you couldn't help but return her smile. "Yes. Thank you, Shi Hye." The young woman nodded, turned on her heel and walked to the door. Something in the way she walked and smiled made you suspect that she had a good weekend coming up.
You grabbed the first file from the stack and opened it.

G.C. Law Firm

hereby files on behalf of the client

Songil Media Marketing

against

Jeon Corporations

in the matter of breach of contract

You sighed again, rolled your eyes and closed the file. "Unimportant!", you huffed at the closed briefcase when Shi Hye placed down your Latte in front of you. "You seem distressed, Miss", she commented, and you reached for the cup. "It's nothing", you smiled reassuringly and took a sip. "Just", you flicked the file a few more inches away from you, "annoying lawsuits all over the place."
You fell back into your seat and rolled your eyes towards the ceiling. "Breach of contract! Our contract was abrogated three weeks ago, they just want their money back!"
Shi Hye, as a simple secretary, had no idea what you were talking about, but she stood to the side and nodded insecurely. "It's better if I leave you to it now", she smiled weakly and attempted to leave when you sat up. "Wait a moment", you said and she turned around once more with raised eyebrows. "Yes?"
You placed your cup down on the table and grabbed the second file from the stack, giving your best to seem indifferent about what you were going to say. "Any news from Mr. Jeon?"
The young woman's facial expression softened. "I'm afraid not, Miss", she replied. "Anything I can pass on to him?"
You hesitated just a second, then sipped on your coffee and flipped open the file. "No. Nothing. Thank you."

Law Office Kim & Sung

hereby files on behalf of the client

Majimak Entertainment

against

Jeon Corporations

in the matter of...

By the time your lunch break arrived, you had flipped through 30 lawsuits, all of which neither captured your interest nor seemed to be of any threat to the firm. You got up without even sparing the mess on your desk a second glance. "Bunglers", you mumbled at the thought of all the incompetent lawyers working in this country, and then made your way towards the elevator to grab a quick meal from the Deli right across the street. Everyone else had already left, as always you were one of the last people to claim a proper break, but it didn't bother you.
You tapped your foot on the ground while waiting for the elevator to arrive. Not only Shi Hye, others had also noticed that you were more stressed, more aggressive, more impatient for at least two weeks now. And this had actually nothing to do with the idiotic lawsuits that landed on your desk every single day, but rather with the fact that since that evening two and a half weeks ago, Jeon Jungkook hadn't talked to you even once. Even more so, you hadn't seen him in office anywhere, and when you asked others, they also shrugged and claimed they had no idea where he was.
It was as if the head of Jeon Corporations had vanished from earth's surface, and while at first you were just worried and a bit sad, you slowly but surely started to get really pissed.
You pressed the button for the ground floor and leaned against the mirror walls of the elevator with a deep sigh. Seeing his name on the lawsuits every single day didn't make things easier, and even though sometimes you wondered why you were so upset at all, you were way too angry to think about it too much.