Chapter 2

Max was lost for words. He couldn't understand why this handsome and obviously popular guy was talking to him. Max wasn't the dorky type, but he never found any trouble from the bullies either. Nonetheless, he always tried to keep his distance from everyone and avoided drawing attention to himself. He wore plain clothes to school, avoided popular groups, and minimized his acquaintance's list to a small group of people, of which he could talk to or eat lunch with sometimes.

He had his own reasons for acting like that...

Shawn, on the other hand, was confident, outgoing, and born to lead. Literally. 

Watching as Max blushed when he asked his name, made him chuckle of how innocent and cute the smaller boy looked in the moment. It wasn't his intention to tease Max, but he couldn't keep himself from thinking, that Max with blushing pink cheeks, looked amazingly sensual and attractive.

It was Shawn's birthday next week, and he was pondered at the thought of his mate acting something like that too. Like half of this town, Shawn was a werewolf and not only that. He was the son of the alpha. 

His father was still young, and so Shawn wasn't planning to claim the alpha's position anytime soon. But he still was the future leader of one of the biggest packs of the country.

"Don't worry about it, he will be perfect, even if he is 2 meters tall, with a buzz cut and military training, the moon goddess always knows what she is doing", his inner-wolf, Zilv, boomed. Shawn, on the other hand, wasn't so sure that he would like someone like that. But sometimes Shawn was really surprised by his inner-wolves taste in men...

Max was still looking at Shawn like he was an alien, who just landed in front of him in his flying saucer and started shooting laser beams from his eyes.

"I'm Max," he fidgeted nervously.

"So small and cute", Shawn thought to himself.

"What do you think about our little town, Max?".

"Honestly, so far I have no idea. I just got here yesterday and I really haven't seen much... Not like there's much to see..." Max silently added at the end.

"Oh, you would be surprised..." Shawn smirked.

The conversation was interrupted as the bell rang, and the teacher started the lesson.

They didn't chance to talk more. No sooner than the lesson ended, Shawn was surrounded by his friends, and Max quickly slipped away.

Later on, Max had math, music, and English. He tried his best to avoid everyone as much as he could. Despite his best efforts, he could feel the gazes of curious students. It was a small town, and new people weren't common here.

After the last lesson, Max's dad came to collect him and Luke from school. They went to the workshop to take Max's car, as they had to change it's tires. It was a little black Toyota, but Max always found it cute. Obviously, it wasn't screaming masculinity, but Max would rather drive his little Toyota, instead of circling around the block for 3 hours, searching for a spot to park some big ass jeep.

He had spent rest of the day unpacking.

The next day and the remaining week were a bit better. He consciously avoided Shawn and his friends like the plague, because for him they clearly looked like trouble. He was grateful for his long-practised blending-in skills.

But one thing he knew for sure, was Shawn's popularity. He was the captain of the football team, handsome, and clearly didn't lack money. He didn't flaunt his status, but from his newest phone, car, and clothes you could clearly see that his allowance was probably a hundred times more as of Max's.

Shawn was always in the middle of the crowd, with girls clinging to him. It didn't look like he minded it so much.

Max uncomfortably noticed that his gaze was always searching for the black haired boy.

Little did he know, that the pair of blue eyes were following him too. Shawn felt a pull towards Max, and wasn't very successful at suppressing it.

Unfortunately for both of them, the week passed without them talking to each other.